characters

Song: Young God by Halsey

I am back and I will publish. It may get to be a more accurate schedule at some point, but for now, I am fixing old chapters before publishing new ones.

Also, if you have already read some of this story and remember details that seem to have changed... yes. they have changed. I am doing a rebranding. Originally this story was going to be new adult dark fantasy romance (which I may still do a version of one day, but not right now) . But the direction we are going in now is young adult dark fantasy fated mates.

I have many ideas. And I plan to be generous about using them in this story, so beware. but also beware that I am not going to be heavily editing the content that goes on this platform. Editing takes time that I do not have because I do not yet have an editor. So if the grammar is a little whack or there are a few wonky sentences, please point out every single one with a comment. 

xoxo Opal

Felipe Kendrick-

· Straight black hair that falls in front of his eyes

· 17 years old

· Descended from psychotic rogue exiled alpha

· Wolf scent- fire, cedar

· Wolf color- all black with white paws and white patch over left eye (eyes blue)
Backstory: Over 300 year ago there were 4 werewolf packs living in Colorado: the Rio Blanco pack, the Weld pack, the Saguache pack, and the Lincoln pack. The Kendricks are an outcast line of alphas who hail from the Lincoln pack which became corrupt under the rule of Alpha Adam Kendrick. The other packs were forced to come together to end the terror Adam had caused the pack to become among the humans and other shifters. The women and children were not to be touched, but somehow in the crossfire, Adam's beloved mate ended up on the battlefield. The Rio Blanco pack's sentinels were brutal in the fight, all the way up until they pinned Adam's mate. The four wolves surrounded her with snarls and claws, then leaped forward all at once, grabbing each of her limbs. The last thing she felt was pain, the last thing she saw was her mate running towards her. This pain was felt through the alpha bond. And as Adam watched his mate die, everything inside him turned volatile. There were a great many deaths that day. A tragedy from dawn till dusk and then on. The vendetta haunted alpha survived the war and was exiled for eternity. So, the alpha abducted his 4-year-old son from the elders and began his exile. It is now 300 years later, and the Kendrick family has managed some sense of normalcy and fitting into society undetected, harboring their silent rage and deadly impulses. But they have a secret. Each first-born boy inherits the traumatic memories of Adam, the mate he couldn't protect, and the anger, fear, and protectiveness to go along with it. Felipe is the first-born boy of his abusive father and timid mother and due to his father's new job, they have moved to the town of Saguache.

Athena Pierce-

· Lavender colored wavy hair that is long past her shoulders

· 17 years old

· Descended from alphas of the Saguache pack

· Wolf scent- blueberries and cinnamon

· Wolf color-sandy soft blonde (her natural hair color) (eyes blue)

· Backstory: Athena has known since she was 6 that she was going to be the alpha of the Saguache pack one day. She could still remember how excited she was that she would get to be 'princess' of the pack, her dad had chuckled at that. She could always make him chuckle. She was his little girl right up until the day he died. Being a shifter only made him better at being a police officer, that was until the day some rogues robbed a convenience store. The thing about rogues is that their dangerous, volatile, and ready to kill. Dad never stood a chance by himself; he should've called for backup. But her dad was always the hero diving in headfirst type. And they say the apple never does fall far from the tree. He died when she was 14 years old and only just learning to control her wolf. It is now 3 years later, and the challenges never stop as Athena navigates gaining the respect and authority of her pack while still mourning the loss of her father. Now there is a new boy in town and he has a terrifying but alluring aura about him. He says Athena belongs to him and she isn't sure how to handle that. If that didn't make matters worse, there was a scary new rogue scent in the woods and violent animal attacks and murders begin to occur.

Jarret Pierce -

· Dirty blonde hair

· 16 years old

· Descended from alphas of the Saguache pack

· Wolf scent- pine and ash

· Wolf color- auburn (blue eyes)
Backstory: Athena's younger brother was hit hard when their father died. Being only 13 at the time, he then had to experience the terror of his first shift alone in the woods, without the alpha, without his father to reassure him. His mother and his sister tried their best to fill in all the roles and make up for the things that were lost, but it only served to make Jarret feel more isolated. But when there's a new scent on the wind and crazy things are happening in their town, Jarret knows he needs to wake up and be the son his father wanted, he needs to protect his pack and his family and his town.