[ Part 2 ]

★ : ok remember during the end of part one they mentioned about the "official" or "actual practice round”?

Well pretend it says "qualifying round" instead IWNFJSJFJDN

-🏎️💨-

Bad grips on the steering wheel tighter as he accelerates—overtaking Skeppy's vehicle—shocking the raven-haired in the process. When Skeppy reached the finish line a second or two after the brunette, he hurriedly went to park his car by the taller man, and got out as quickly as he could.

Today was the day they planned to meet up for their final practice before the qualifying round.

He pants from the rush of adrenaline as he makes his way to the brunette, "You've really improved, haven't you?" He coos. "It's only been like- what? a week?"

Bad rolls his eyes at the remarks, "I'm just that good," he smirks. "You just don't want to admit it sometimes," he says as he observes the shorter man's reaction. Strange... he's just- looking at me.

The raven-haired stares and stares, not wanting to sound awkward at what he's about to say. To be fair, he was already being awkward with the whole 'staring' thing. So he looks away. He knew Bad was really good at racing (but of course not as great as him), but recently he can't help but feel… shy? He joked around with the brunette and complimented him as a joke a lot back then, but now, Skeppy can't deny it anymore, his feelings were only getting stronger by the day.

He sucks in all the air he possibly can and holds his breath, "You want me to admit it? Fine. You're really good at racing, Bad. There, are you happy?" At this point his face was completely painted with a deep red color, probably redder than when he asked Bad for his phone number the other day.

When the brunette hadn't replied, Skeppy decided to face away and covered his face with his arm to prevent his cheeks from burning any further—and to hide them. Why isn't he saying anything?!-

He directed his gaze back to Bad and he was... smiling? Giggling even—hand over his mouth.

Wha?- Skeppy was so confused. Why was the taller man laughing? Did he say something funny? "Um-"

"Oh- an actual compliment, or are you being sarcastic?" Bad teases. Wow, he was actually teasing the raven-haired this time.

Skeppy grumbles under his breath, "I was being sarcastic of course!" He crosses his arms. That was close, the shorter sighs in relief. He challenges the taller man to another round before entering his vehicle.

In the end, they both tied at 5 wins, mainly because Skeppy couldn't focus properly after their little interaction.

- 🏎️💨 -

For the next few days, they met up a lot more. Nothing racing related, just normal hangouts. It started when Skeppy invited Bad to get breakfast with him at the same cafe they met at a couple of days ago. Since then, Skeppy had been slowly inviting the brunette more and more—and luckily for him—the taller man always agreed to them. They spent so much time together, just hanging out at the mall, playing at the arcades, and even eating ice cream under the sunset together. And before they knew it, it was already the day of the qualifying round.

Skeppy scavenges for Bad amongst the large crowd, carefully scanning left and right. He checks his watch for the millionth time, reading the numbers displayed in the little screen. "20 minutes left," he sighed. Where are you Badboyhalo?!