4

I walked down to my aunts office on the first floor

I walked down to my aunts office on the first floor. I was still dressed in the clothes I slept in because apparently I got the day off.

My arms reached over my head and stretched, bones popping as I did so. I felt a wave of relief flush over my body, but a quick sting in my side followed soon after. It's not like the cut was deep, it was just like a pestering hangnail.

I groaned and pushed against it with my hand to ease some of the discomfort. Maybe this is why I'm getting the day off, but I don't understand why, it's not serious.

As I reached the office doors the two posted guards opened the doors for me to let me inside. I nodded as a thanks and stepped in to see Camilla, and my two aunties.

It's been a while since I've seen my aunt Madeline, she's usually in the city with Liam and Christen.

Camilla looked over at me and waved as Madeline was entranced at a computer screen, looking worried. Alexis whispered something in her ear and her eyebrows furrowed.

They began a heated argument in silence but I could faintly hear their whispering. I'm guessing this was probably her realizing who I really was.

I sat down in the chair next to Camilla and just waited for them. My head was restraining from looking to the right but I couldn't help it once I felt her eyes on me.

"So.. how are you feeling?" Camilla asked, making me turn to look at her. I gave her a tight smile "not the best, not the worst." She nodded and looked straight ahead.

"Great."

There's a very awkward tension between us since last nights events. I don't think either of us wants to address the situation. I know I don't at least.

I hummed and looked back up to the couple as their chatter quieted down. Aunt Madeline looked at me and signaled for me to come over to her.

I stood up and she led me to the corner of the room, away from Camilla. Seems I was right then. She hugged me and leaned her head against my shoulder.

"You've grown so much." She chuckled, reaching up to grab my face and take a good look at it. I smiled down at her, and felt a wave of guilt hit me.

I looked over at Camilla who was being distracted by Alexis and then back at my aunt. "I- I'm really sor-" I started off but she cut me off with a harsh hum and head shake.

"Don't be, we all understand, and I'm just glad you're back." She said grabbing both of my shoulders to reassure me.

"Also," she looked over to the other two "I don't like what Alexis is plotting at all." She said rolling her eyes before looking back at me.

"Yeah, I don't get it either?" I said confused. Madeline sighed and she put her hands on her hips.

She scratched the back of her head and looked down as if debating to tell me something. After a while she looked back up to me. "You know she's engaged right?"