𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 10

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"make use of whatever we have. that's all you can have this week."

i can vaguely remember my mother. i don't know much about her, she always liked keeping to herself.

she was a woman of a few words, the longest i heard her talk was when she was telling me how much she regrets having me.

i was always afraid of what she would do to me if i dare disobey her.

but i do not remember anything else.

i'm glad i don't. i doubt i have pleasant memories with her, not with a woman like that.

i do wish i could meet her again. because despite everything, she did know how to protect me.

and i wish i could ask her how she did it.

"[name]!!"

the cold embrace of ice engulfed her whole body, the touch of the ghosts that surrounded her almost freezing half of her body at an overwhelming pace.

[name] had her arms around her bag the whole time, backed against the corner while arms tried to pull her in the walls.

she had her eyes closed, seemingly exhausted from trying to fend off the ghostly entities up until now.

marcille quickly took action, pointing ambrosia at one of the ghosts.

"marcille! be careful not to hit her!"

"i know...!"

one by one, the ghosts blocking their way exploded with marcille's help. she focused hard, trying her best not to hit [name].

this gave senshi a chance to jump in, swinging his hand made ghost repellent around and hitting the ghosts away.

[name] exhaled out slowly, puffing out mist with each breath as she slowly regains her vision.

"there you are! we've been looking for you, you know."

marcille ran to the girl in concern, immediately fussing over her as her body went back to normal, the frost slowly melting away.

"good thing we made it in time."

laios sighed in relief with a small grin, watching the elf girl rubbed [name]'s scales hard, a poor attempt to warm her body up considering the size comparison.

"don't run off next time, got it? we gotta stick together. this is what happens when you stray away from your party."

chilchuck scolded the girl, who only stubbornly stuck her tongue out to him, irking him.

"you always put yourself in dangerous situations. you have to stop doing that, okay? you always make me worry."

marcille says in exasperation, remembering the many times that [name] killed herself from her own reckless behaviour. if the starvation doesn't kill her, then her deadly potions will.

yes, she almost accidentally killed herself from her own potions many times. that's how reckless she is.

after fussing over how careless she is, marcille managed to get [name] settled down on the floor, resting her head in her arms as she slept.

"she probably used up all her mana. i doubt she'd let ghosts surround her like that."

marcille sighed as she braids through the girl's hair, struggling a bit. it felt like she's handling ropes from how heavy the collected strands are.