The Marechaussee Phantom

The nation of hydro was a nation in which justice was valued above all in a similar way to how the nation of geo valued contracts. Though within the so called 'Nation of Justice' said justice was always seen to be some kind of entertainment. Within such a nation there was of course going to be agencies present to assist the courts and criminal investigations to provide the most exciting trials possible. One such agency was the Chief Justice Neuvillette's Marechaussee Phantom, an intelligence gathering agency mostly comprised of Melusines because of their superior eyesight and perception skills that outmatch the typical human. Though it was not Neuvillette himself who took up the role as the head of the Phantom, though little were aware of that fact. The few who knew were either those who worked under him or the ones within his inner circle. The Marechaussee Phantom, as it's known to the people of Fontaine, is nothing more than an investigatory body, yet beneath the surface the organisation does a lot more than investigate crimes.

Under its hidden leader, the Phantom was a network of immense knowledge that spanned across Teyvat, massively surpassing the capabilities of similar functioning organisations such as the House of the Hearth. The head of the phantom himself is a figure shrouded in mystery, not being known to the public and relatively unknown within the higher society of the nation. As far as wider Teyvat knows, Neuvillette commands the phantom and any rumours of a secret leader are nothing but that, rumours. The truth runs much deeper than any eye could possibly hope to see. Even those lower down within the organisation belief themselves to be under the direction of the Chief Justice and this belief is only perpetuated by the Chief Justice himself having publicly stated many times that he is indeed the head of the phantom. This makes it easier for the Phantom to operate as an organisation as the leader can actively involve himself and bring less suspicion to any actions he may take. All that needs to be know is that the real leader of the Phantom is among the general public of Fontaine, remaining unknown.
___________________________________________________________________________

"I assume there is something important you wish to inform me of, right?" A male voice spoke with a rather soft yet formal tone.

"We've received word back from some of the embedded agents within Mondstadt that indicate Stormterror is ramping up violent activity." The informant spoke towards the a desk in front of him.

"Oh, and what do they think this could lead to?" The person sat at the desk's tone had lightened up slightly, indicating an interest in the topic of conversation.

"It seems as though the Fatui will try to use this as leverage against the Knights of Favonius. If they succeed in preassuring that acting grand master, the Fatui could gain more influence within the nation."

"Is that a likely outcome at this moment?"

"No sir, the acting grand master seems to be heavily against caving to pressure from the Fatui."

"Thank you for the report, you may go back to your post. Let everyone else know I'm going to be unavailable for a few days, I have some meetings to attend." The figure leaned back in his chair as the informant nodded, leaving the room shortly after. Once the informant had left, the man in the chair let out a sigh of relief. This was the true head of the Phantom and one of the most knowledgeable people in all of Teyvat. Outside of the Phantom he lived as a civilian of Fontaine as a way to keep himself knowledgeable about the public's opinions. There are things gained from public opinion that can, to some extent, be more important than clear cut facts. It was that belief that prompted the initial decision for the Chief Justice to be known to the public as the head of the Phantom. The choice had been an incredibly successful one for Fontaine's judicial system with cases being brought forward by the Phantom that would commonly prove the guilt of the accused. Crime rates had lowered all because of the directions from the secret leader of the Phantom.
___________________________________________________________________________