14

JIRO'S POV

F*ck this is my fault. I didn't notice that I lost Ava. Hindi ako papayag na mawala siya. I'll find her and keep her by my side. If I only knew, I wouldn't agree to  those two girls joining our team. That d*mn girl made Ava fall and now nawawala na siya. I hope she's safe right now.

Please survive for me, I'm coming for you.

" I'm going with you " , I immediately stopped when Dawn said those words. I want to find Ava myself, and I won't have seeing him saving Ava instead of me.

I looked into his eyes, and I saw his feelings through those eyes. It screams his concern and fear for Ava.

Why are you like this Dawn? You're my bestfriend, you of all people would fall for my girl?! I see it kahit hindi mo pa sinasabi. I will never allow it.

I made an excuse for him to stay in the rooftop with the others, and it worked. I bid goodbye to them and walked out.

I looked around while hiding in a pile of books in the corner. I observed the zombies. There's a few of them, maybe because we defeated so many already. I looked around to find Ava, if she got infected she should be in the place luring around.

I looked at the zombies and was relieved to see that Ava's not one of them. That means she probably survived. My problem is where she could be possibly hiding right now.

I tried to remember where we probably lost Ava. It is possible that she hid in the nearest room possible. I suddenly remembered that I have the blueprint of the whole campus. I pulled it out quietly so it wouldn't make a sound. There are only 5 rooms in this floor under the rooftop. I need to get in each of them in order to find her.

Kaagad akong tumakbo sa pinakamalapit na kuwarto sa akin. A good thing that I ran fast the zombies didn't have time to run after me. I quickly searched the room if Ava is hiding.

" AVA!? ARE YOU THERE?! IT'S ME JIRO " , I shouted desperately hoping she would here.

I searched the other rooms till I reached the abandoned storage room but no sign of Ava. I was losing hope and was about to leave when I heard someone whimpering.

I used a flashlight to find out what it was, I prepared my weapon just incase it was a zombie. I was about to swing the bat but I heard it calling my name.

" J-jiro? "

AVA'S POV

It's been two days and i'm still here. Hindi ako halos makagalaw at walang lakas. I am starving and freezing to death. Ubos na ang liquid ng lighter kaya wala akong kahit ano na makakapagpainit sa akin. Hindi ko na alam ang gagawin ko, ubos na rin ang tubig na nakita ko dito.

Naiiyak ako dahil kahit anong gawin kong pagtitipid ay di na ako makakasurvive sa mga supplies na meron ako. Hindi ko naman kakayaning labanan mag-isa ang mga zombies na nasa labas. Napatingin ako sa mga supplies, I was now holding the cotton, i was surprised to see it turned into a roasted chicken.

My eyes widened and was excited to taste it. I took a bunch of it and put it in my mouth. Mabilis ko itong iniluwa dahil napakadry ng lasa. That's when I realize that I was actually hallucinating.

Napaiyak akong muli, naaawa ako sa sarili ko. Sa sobrang pagod at gutom ay kung ano ano na ang nakikita ko. I wanted to say sorry to my kuya, dahil hindi ko magawang iligtas ang sarili ko. Bumaluktot ako habang nakahiga sa sahig at nanginginig. Hindi ko alam kung dahil ba hindi ako maayos na nakatulog o dahil gutom ako but I think I saw Jiro inside this storage.

Napangiti ako. Yes, confirmed. Nababaliw na nga ako. Hindi ko nga alam kung bakit of all people bakit si Jiro ang nakikita ko. Pumikit ako at pinilit ang sariling makita ang itsura ng Kuya Austin. I can still remember that night before all this happened, buong gabi kaming nagkuwentuhan sa kwarto ko hanggang sa makatulog kami. Muli kong idinilat ang mata at hanggang ngayon ay nakikita ko pa rin si Jiro. Without any thought I called him.

" J-jiro? "

JIRO'S POV

" J-jiro? "

I quickly dropped the bat and attended her. She's laying on the cold floor, hugging herself. Her skin is pale and cold, her body is exhausted, and her lips are dry. I hugged her tight, she lost consciousness.

Inilabas ko ang gamit na dinala ko. I put a blanket on her and made her head rest on my lap. I held her hand and desperately waking her up. I tried waking her up but I failed. I gently put my head on her rest to hear her heartbeat. She's still breathing, thank god.

I can't stand this. She can't stay here any longer. This place is freezing. I have to get her out of here as soon as possible, even if it means risking my life.

I am just staring at her face, gently tracing it with my hand. I can't help but cry because of her. She's obviously suffering because of me. The urge of kissing her lips have won me over.

I felt guilty because I made her experience this so I had to make things right. I thought of a plan to escape so we could reach to the rooftop quickly.

There is no other way. I'll carry her on my back and ran towarda the rooftop. I knew Dawn would be guarding the door. I prepared everything. I carried her on my back and supported her with a blanket and tied it around my body. I wore the bag infront of my body.

I checked the situation outside. There's still a few zombies wandering. I can see the door to the rooftop from here, and to my luck there are no zombies near.

This is my chance. I immediately ran when I opened the door. I can sense the zombies running after us. Halfway there I shouted.

" DAWN!!! OPEN THE DOOR!! "

I was right, Dawn really is guarding the door. He's waiting for us now.

" FASTER JIRO!! "

I ran as fast I could with Ava still on my back. I was about to climb up the ladder but a zombie held my ankle. I did my best so the zombie would let go of me. The zombie suddenly fell when a chair fell over. Dawn threw a chair so the zombie would let go. I climbed up and succesfully reached the rooftop.

" AVA!! YOU'RE SAFE!! "

KEEP QUIET, AVA.
jeysiee_lavender