Chapter 4

Alex P.O.V.

I ran down stairs a few minutes ago to check on the weird, muscly, cute guy. He wasn't there.

I sit downstairs with one of the communicators desperately trying to get a hold of Terra. "ANSWER TE-"

"WHAT?!" Terra shouts between sobs.

"The cute guy. He's gone."

"1st." She says trying to regain herself. "He is not cute. 2nd, I ran into him on the elevator. He wanted to explore."

"Of course." I say.

"His name's Sky apparently. Sky, what an ugly name."

"Really?" I say. "Cuz I think it's kind of adorable."

"It isn't. Trust me: he's a huge jerk."

"Are you okay?"

"Dad's probably listening in so just meet me on 10-43" She says. Clearly this has to do with dad.

I meet her on the tenth floor and go fourty three doors down. The room ends up being a maintenance room.

"Okay what?"I ask.

"Dad dishonored mom."

"God, Terra. You made me go up 17 floors to tell me this."

"It's kind of a big deal. Dad's leading a war. Obviously he doesn't care about us, let alone his dead ex-wife." I look at her tear dried face. "I'm younger then you and I knew that."

Sky walks in. "Hey Princess Terra." He says mocking her. "This may not be the best time to tell you but earlier I heard you and your dad talking."

"You were eavesdropping?!" Terra shouts ready to pounce and attack.

"And it paid off." He says.

"Oh my god." I say. "If all Outers are like this then I'm not fighting the war."

"Yeah speaking of the war: I think I'll stay around and help fight the war."

Terra lights up in a fury. Running at Sky choking him. "This war just started for you!"

I pull her off. "Terra!"

"Get. Off of him." My dad says entering the room.

"Dad?" I say.

"The communicator is still on." He says.

"Dang it." Terra says.

"Mr. Crazy'sdad. Pleased to meet the psycho that made this demon." He says laughing.

"You definitely just came from over that wall. You're too full of yourself." I say.

"You refrained from fighting back. Yet you intend to fight in my war."

"Your daughter posed no threat."

"I like you." My dad and I say in unison.

I really like him.