chapter 1: The curse

In a grand mansion on the outskirts of a city, Jungkook, the most ruthless man in the underworld, sat on a luxurious leather chair, his cold eyes scanning the room. The air was thick with tension, and his presence commanded great fear.

 The air was thick with tension, and his presence commanded great fear

He was a man of immense power and wealth. Everyone started trembling after hearing his name.

“Hahahaha,” Jungkook laughed. He leaned back, a devilish smile playing on his lips. “I think you forget that I am the most heartless person.” He turned his gaze to his men, standing in line and waiting for his order. "Kill her fiancé and child, and then throw her in prison," he ordered with an icy and detached voice.

His men, quite aware of his ruthless nature, moved without hesitation. The room grew silent as they dragged the old woman's fiancé and child out, their cries echoing through the mansion. The old woman fell to the ground, her heart shattered.

She looked up at Jungkook with teary eyes, a mix of hatred and sorrow. "I curse you…" she cried out loudly, her voice shaking but filled with an intensity that cut through the atmosphere like a knife.

The smile on Jungkook's face widened. "I don't believe in curses," he said, then cruelly laughed. The room filled with his laughter, enough to make his men shiver.

"But still, I curse you," she continued crying. "I curse you to fall in love with someone who can't be yours."

For a moment, a flicker of something crossed Jungkook's face, then vanished. "What are you waiting for? Pitch her out!" he barked. His men moved swiftly to do his bidding as the woman was dragged away, still crying and mumbling her curse.

Jungkook shook his head, still chuckling. "What is love? You think I am some dupe who believes in that?" he muttered to himself. Love is a weakness. His world was built on power and fear; there was no place for that foolishness.

Days turned into weeks, and Jungkook continued unabated in his reign of terror. His legend grew, and his empire along with it. He was unstoppable, a force to be reckoned with. But the old woman's words lingered in the back of his mind, though he didn't care.

One sunny afternoon, while Jungkook strolled through the crowded marketplace, lost in his thoughts, a young lady stumbled into him and spilled juice all over his costly suit. She gazed up at him, her eyes wide with panic. "Oooo, sorry!" she said hurriedly, trying to clean the mess.

At first, Jungkook was angry, but then he saw something in her eyes and calmed down. "It's okay," he said to her, surprising even himself. He walked away but just could not get her face out of his mind.

Later that evening, in his mansion, Jungkook dialed one of his men's numbers. "I want her," Jungkook said, his tone leaving no room for debate.

"Okay, boss," the man answered.

It was not a big deal for his men to get the information of the girl.

After learning the girl's name, Jungkook smiled, but then his smile turned to anger when he learned that the girl he had been adoring for days was engaged

He looked at the mirror and then punched it, causing it to shatter. "How is it possible that I like someone, but that person is already taken?" he said, looking back at his men who were already waiting for his order.

"Start the car," he said, putting on his luxury coat and moving toward the entrance. He got in the car and ordered his man to speed up toward Yn's house.

Later, in front of her house, he got out of the car, and the sight melted his heart. Yn was sitting on her knees, petting the back of a dog and smiling. Her smile warmed his heart. Then Yn's eyes fell on the figure of Jungkook. She smiled after recognizing him and went near him.

"Ooo, you are here. Sorry for your suit. By the way, my name is Yn," she said, extending her hand.

Jungkook was shocked but then came to his senses and shook her hand. "You don't need to apologize. I’m Jungkook."

"Jungkook, that mafia?" she laughed.

Jungkook was shocked after hearing that. "Ooo, don't be serious. I’m joking. How can this cutie be a mafia?"

Jungkook laughed. "You think I am cute?"

"You are," they both smiled.

"So, you live here?" he asked, looking at her.

"Yes, I come out for a walk, but Sunjae doesn't want to. He is a busy person," she pouted.

"Sunjae?" he asked, looking at her.

"My fiancé. He is a busy person who doesn't have time for such a beautiful fiancée," she laughed again.

"I think your fiancé doesn't love you," he said, giving her a flower picked from the tree.

"Thank you, but you are wrong. My fiancé loves me more than anything," she smiled.

"Ooo, I see."

"Yes, and for now, bye. I am getting late. See you soon," she said, running toward her house.

Jungkook smiled, seeing her silly move, but soon his expression changed to dark.

"Place CCTV in her house. I want to have eyes on her," he ordered his man.

"Ok, boss."

"Soon, you will be with me, princess."