𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

_________________________

Tension + Talk = Desire
_________________________

The detention room was a stark contrast to the usual chaos of the school hallways. The fluorescent lights buzzed overhead, casting a sterile glow on the row of desks where the students sat in sullen silence. Rihanna and Kehlani were seated at opposite ends of the room, their tempers still flaring from their earlier argument. Beyoncé sat behind her desk at the front of the room, her chin resting on her palm, fingers idly toying with a pen as she watched the drama unfold.

Onika sat between Rihanna and Kehlani, trying to focus on her homework, though her attention kept drifting to the ongoing confrontation. Rihanna and Kehlani were engaged in a heated discussion that quickly escalated from casual bickering to a full-blown argument.

"I don't get why you're always in my business, Kehlani!" Rihanna snapped, her voice rising in frustration. "Why do you even care what I do?"

Kehlani crossed her arms and glared at Rihanna. "Because you're always running your mouth about things you don't understand. And don't act like you're innocent, either. I've seen how you talk about me behind my back."

Rihanna's eyes narrowed. "Oh, so now you're playing the victim? Maybe if you weren't so quick to judge everyone, we wouldn't have these issues."

Onika shifted uncomfortably in her seat, feeling the tension between the two girls. She glanced at Beyoncé, who was clearly enjoying the spectacle, her eyes flickering with a hint of amusement.

"You're not going to stop this?" Onika whispered, unable to keep her curiosity in check.

Beyoncé raised an eyebrow and leaned back in her chair, a smirk playing on her lips. "It's not my place to intervene. Let them have their say."

As the argument continued, the focus shifted from general complaints to more personal jabs. Rihanna's frustration with Kehlani grew, and the discussion turned to Onika, who was caught in the crossfire.

"Look, Kehlani," Rihanna said, her voice dripping with sarcasm, "maybe you're just upset because you know Onika's been spending a lot of time with me. And clearly, you're not happy with that."

Kehlani's face flushed with anger. "Oh, please. Just because you're jealous doesn't mean you have to drag Onika into this. She's not some pawn for you to use in your petty games."

Onika's eyes widened at the mention of her name. She felt a rush of heat to her cheeks, unsure of how to react. She glanced at Beyoncé, who remained impassive, her gaze focused intently on the exchange.

Beyoncé's fingers tapped rhythmically on her pen, her expression a mixture of curiosity and detachment. She watched as the argument became more personal, the details of Onika's relationships being laid bare.

Rihanna leaned forward, her tone sharp. "At least I'm not the one who's constantly playing the saint while pretending to be everyone's friend. You've got your own issues, Kehlani."

Kehlani shot back with equal venom. "Yeah? And what about you, Rihanna? You think you're so high and mighty, but everyone knows you've got a thing for Onika too. And it's not exactly a secret."

The room fell silent for a moment as the implications of Kehlani's words hung in the air. Onika's heart raced as she felt the weight of the conversation press down on her. She glanced at Beyoncé, who was now leaning forward, her eyes fixed on Onika.

Beyoncé's gaze was unreadable, but there was a clear interest in the way she observed the situation. Onika felt a mix of embarrassment and anxiety, knowing that Beyoncé was listening to every word.