Chapter 38 | Closer

We are inside the hall now and wow. The school has given it a simple yet elegant makeover with a banner saying welcome, balloons gathered into packs hovering here and there, LED lights decorating the walls and around the columns.

There are people already dancing with each other in here as strobes rotate slowly to some instrumental music playing in the background.

Upon having a tour around the beautiful hall with my gaze, I then find Vivian standing very close to Keith far away from where we are standing, laughing about something flirtatiously with her hands on his chest.

I watch her for a moment before she somehow turns my way and her gaze immediately catches mine, as if there is someone whispering into her ear saying: "psst, it's that Rosalie girl over there!" or something...

But then, her line of sight suddenly directs to Damon. That is when I notice her facial expression changing a bit, I don't know how she's feeling but I can tell that she's checking him out.

And she is rather engrossed in doing so as seconds later Keith becomes aware of her being distracted, so he has to shake her out of her damn mind, making her look back at him in bewilderment.

Consequently, Keith also starts to notice me, meeting my eyes, before blatantly looking down at my body, checking me out.

"Rosalie?" Damon's deep voice brings my focus back to him.

"Huh?"

"What are you looking at?" He asks as he turns his head to the direction I was turning to.

"Hmm... Isn't that interesting..."

"What?" I stare at him inquiringly.

"Isn't that your dirty ex?" He looks at me with a smirk.

"Well... Yeah..." I shrug.

"Still like him?"

"Um..." I look to the side, contemplating it.

"N- no." I blurt and bring my gaze to him again. "Not after what he has done, no."

"Why do you ask?" I shrug.

"You keep looking at him and he keeps looking at you." He touches his chin thoughtfully while eyeing me.

"Was your relationship really finalized or not?" He crosses his arms, lifting an eyebrow.

Well, I... I don't even know.

I mean, we did spend almost two years together, so of course I had feelings for him and it kind of stung when he pulled out such a jerk move like that but...

I don't know? I- I have no idea what I'm even feeling right now?

Am I jealous because Keith is with another girl? Or am I simply hating him for what he has done?

"I..."

"Well, that is interesting." He accentuates, looking at something in amusement.

Curiously, I look over to find Keith having his tongue down that bish's throat.

This.

This should be the moment for me to truly unleash my innermost hatred towards Keith and get to know my own feelings better.

But for some reason...

I...

I'm okay.

I'm perfectly okay?