C H A P T E R 11

"Time to reveal your placements

"Time to reveal your placements. Put simply, your scores are determined based on your combined outcome for each individual trial. To save time, I'll divulge your results all at once," Aizawa explains before adding, "Oh, and the whole expulsion thing was a lie to draw out your best efforts."

The grin stretched across his face is creepy, to say the least, which Mina seems to concur with when she clutches [F/n's] hand tightly. The pink haired female's hands are clammy, likely a result of her nerves acting up. The other, less worried girl gives her friend's hand a soft squeeze, a silent reassurance that all would be well, so long as they had one another.

Through the shocked expressions of her classmates, the pretty girl with black hair that sits in front of [F/n] during class speaks up, "It... wasn't obvious? Use your brains, of course he wasn't planning to expel the individual who ranks last! No need to worry, everyone," she finishes with a graceful smile, not a single bit of rudeness in her tone.

On a screen up ahead, everyone's results are displayed, ranging from number one all the way to number 21. In last place is, as expected, Izuku Midoriya.

Having secured 7th place, the sleepy [h/c] haired girl searches for Mina and Kirishima's names, which happen to be just below hers. Kirishima's name sits at 8th place, while Mina's sits at 9th.

With the conclusion of the quirk apprehension test and its results, Aizawa gives Midoriya a pass to visit the infirmary, which the green haired boy accepts. Afterwards, the man instructs the rest of his students to head back to the classroom to view their curriculum sheets before going home for the day. He is quick to disappear from the P.E. grounds, not sparing so much as a goodbye or a second glance behind him.

Midoriya passes by [F/n] and Mina with his head hung low, appearing lost in his own little world as he clenches the piece of paper in the fist of his uninjured hand. Each step he takes with his red sneakers results in a tiny cloud of dust to form behind him, the crunching sound of the gravelly surface underneath him suddenly coming to a halt when he feels someone gently grab his forearm.

"Midoriya." [F/n] bluntly calls his name, her soft grasp lingering on the fabric of his sleeve, "Good job. What you did was very cool," her tone is calm and lacks emotion, but the boy notices the way her dull [e/c] eyes stare into his own.

He stands with parted lips and an unreadable expression — unreadable to [F/n], that is, as she struggles to read the expressions of others in the first place. The two remain that way for several seconds, after which she removes her hand from the fabric of his gym uniform, "...I apologize if I overstepped," she awkwardly adds after having yet to receive a response.

"N-No! No, not at all! I-I just wasn't... expecting it, that's all," he exclaims as he ardently waves his hands back and forth, paying little mind to his broken finger. "Thank you, something like that... i-it means the most coming from someone like you," he mumbles, clearly flustered.