30

"What happened? Where's Gabi?" asked Carmen.

"I don't know. We heard a sound and thought it was Jason, so I went to check but then I was thrown against the shed multiple times," said Tyler in between heavy heaves.

Carmen checked the back of his head for any cuts, and she did manage to find one on the back of his head.

"Where's a first aid kit?" she asked Isaac.

"In the kitchen, I'll grab it," he responded.

Roman could see that Tyler had been stabbed multiple times. He was losing blood fast so Roman just applied pressure to his brother's wound.

"Did Jason do this to you?" asked Roman.

"No, turns out it wasn't Jason," said Tyler painfully.

"You're safe now. Once you're taken care of we'll re-assess and determine what to do about Gabi."

"We can't leave her out there.

"I know, but right now you're the top of our priorities right now."

Carmen came running back into the living room with a first aid kit. She opened it, took out some alcohol wipes and tried to clean the wound on the back of Tyler's head. He winced at the stinging pain but didn't make a sound. Once Carmen was done with cleaning his head, she moved to his stomach to patch up the wounds that he had been given. She placed gauze on his wounds and took some surgical tape to tape the gaze to his skin.

"Alright, I think I got everything," Carmen said.

"Thank you Carmen," Tyler said.

Tyler pushed himself up just a little, so he wasn't slouched on the couch. The pain felt like needles stabbing throughout. Luckily Roman had some pain pills on him so he offered some to Tyler.

"You want any," Roman asked, showing Tyler the pain pills.

"Yeah, I'll take some," his brother responded.

Roman took two of the pills and handed them to Tyler.

Roman continued, "Hey Isaac, could you get some water?"

"Yeah, no problem," Isaac responded back.

It wasn't long before Isaac had returned with a cup of water.

"Thank you," Tyler said graciously.

"Sure thing," Isaac responded.

Tyler popped the pills in his mouth and took a big chug of water and swallowed both pills in one gulp.

"So, what's the plan?" asked Carmen.

"I don't know," Roman said.

"The last thing I remembered was being thrown against the wall and getting stabbed. The rest was a blur. When I came back, I was lying in a mud puddle, and when I didn't hear back from Gabi I came back here," Tyler said.

"Do you think she's still alive?" Isaac questioned.

"Yes. If they wanted to kill her then they would've made us watch or we would've seen the body by now. It's been too long," Carmen continued.

"Well, we could either wait here till sunrise or go out there and look for her," Roman suggested.

They all looked at each other in silence. The rain was beating hard on the windowpanes and the lightning filled the room. Suddenly a loud clap of thunder made them all jump.