𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 11

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

laios is a stubborn man, that much is obvious. the execution of the king from the last painting didn't really phase him enough, since he decided that he'll be jumping in the painting once again.

and so here he is, dropping in one of the chairs in the dining hall with unfamiliar people, watching as the prince named delgal from the other paintings kneeled down on one knee, and a crown was placed on his head.

'looks like it's the coronation day. the prince from earlier inherited the crown?'

he thought, but his thoughts were interrupted when he caught a whiff of the food on the table.

once again, laios didn't care much about what's happening. the coronation day of the prince— now turned king, didn't matter. what truly matters is...

'a full-course of court cuisine!'

there are multiple plates in front of him that had freshly cooked food, and laios felt himself drool a little from the delicious aroma in the air.

"i shall pray for the eternal prosperity of the country and its people."

the king spoke, and raised the huge cup of wine to his lips with everyone following suit, drinking from their own cups.

laios looks around in pure confusion before he copied what they were doing, taking big gulps of his wine.

'delicious.'

he licked his lips with a smile as he finished, enjoying the after taste of the sweet beverage.

when the people around him started eating, he began to dig to his own food and went straight for the chicken, completely unaware of the watchful gaze that stared at him from the other side of the dining table.

'that man...'

the stranger thought to herself, her eyes that were covered by her veil going wide. he's not anyone she's familiar with, and stands out more as a trespasser.

'i thought it would taste like paint, but it's a real feast!'

laios was inhaling everything in front of him, getting way too carried away. once he started, he couldn't stop.

"uhm, excuse me. can i please have seconds?"

he asked the servant passing by, who only gave him a weirded out stare, a few of the people sitting near him doing the same.

'oh man, that was great.'

laios sighed in bliss as he leaned against the backrest of the chair, taking a few seconds to rest before he got up.

'alright, time to get going.'

by now, everyone was gone. there was no one else in the room except for him, and laios was ready to leave while he has the chance.

before he could tug on the rope, something caught his attention.

he didn't even notice that the woman from before was also here in this one, and now she stood by the same spot where the king had been coronated at.

the rays of sun from outside beamed down on her, and laios could've sworn he saw an angel right then and there, only if the angel happens to be the angel of death.

he black veil and dark dress really made her stand out compared to anyone in this place, and laios found it ridiculous that he didn't even notice her the first time. maybe he was too hungry to pay attention to his surroundings.