Chapter 2- The incident at the gym

In the morning, all the students got up at the usual school time to either go to the gym or go outside to the hero grounds to further train their quirks and focus on how to improve their weaknesses. Normally, as it was a Saturday, Todoroki tended to get up later than usual, then he would do his unfinished classwork and then go to the gym. When Todoroki had finally got up at around 9:00, he was surprised to see anyone else up, but everyone was sitting together for breakfast. “Come on Todoroki, your food is getting cold” said a rather over-excitable Izuku. As Todoroki sat down to eat, he realised that Bakugo was missing from the table, but still tried to enjoy the soba as much as he could. “Midoriya, do you know who made this, this is the best soba I’ve ever had in my life” and just as he said that Bakugo sat down and said, “I didn’t know you liked my cooking Icy-Hot Bastard”, which made Todoroki visibly blush. So, Bakugo just was amazing at everything, his food was truly so nice, even if it was a bit cold,  he must ask Bakugo to teach him how to cook someday (let’s just say Todoroki was horrible at cooking).

“Icy-hot, you down to hit the gym after breakfast?” said Bakugo. Todoroki wanted to go, but he realised he had a lot of things to do, but his heart told him to go spend time with Bakugo, maybe Todoroki could get to know him better. “Yeah-h, sure I’ll come” replied Todoroki, who earned a “Good” from Bakugo. As Todoroki was finishing eating his soba, he stood up but as he was about to put his bowl in the sink, Bakugo took his bowl for him (so courteous of him). Todoroki had started to walk away when Bakugo came right beside him and grabbed his shoulder, making sure that Todoroki didn’t head out to the gym without him. As the two approached the practically empty gym, they both went to other machinery in the gym, Todoroki was suddenly dragged by Bakugo to another more secretive part in the corner of the gym complex. “I thought we were doing it together, right Icy-Hot?” said Bakugo who was obviously intent on doing his workout with Todoroki. “Oh y-yeah, sorry ab-out that” said Todoroki, slightly afraid of Bakugo’s menacing look.

“Are you alright, I was going to ask later but you always seem to mutter a lot and you always stutter when you’re talking to me. Did anything happen? Did I do something wrong?” Bakugo said carefully, afraid the Todoroki boy would shatter at any second, as Bakugo was still fully aware of the things, he had done in the past to his childhood friend Izuku and was scared he had hurt Todoroki in a certain way. To that Todoroki just remained silent and walked slowly over to the machinery he had previously wanted to use as Bakugo stared at him with a scared yet annoyed stare. Bakugo shortly afterwards left the gym leaving Todoroki to dwell in his thoughts. He had wondered why Bakugo had thought those things and as he still felt slightly uncomfortable talking about what happened to him in the past, he simply ignored Bakugo, now realising that he should have told Bakugo he didn’t feel comfortable with the subject. He started to feel a pang of guilt creep up into his stomach, he didn’t want Bakugo to feel as if he had done something wrong. Todoroki felt as if was going to lose Bakugo, he knew he didn’t want to lose another friend, especially someone who he felt was becoming one of his favourite friends.

Meanwhile, Bakugo had practically run out of the gym, his friends noticed his frustration, but Bakugo simply ignored their attempts to talk to him and he firmly shut his dorm door. So maybe Bakugo was turning into the person who he was before. A monster. Little did Bakugo know, but he hadn’t completely closed his dorm room door. As tears had started flowing down Bakugo’s cheeks, he couldn’t help feeling bad for being the reason for Todoroki’s discomfort. He flinched as he felt someone pull him into a hug, but just melted into their arms realising that it was only Izuku. The pair just sat there, Bakugo in Izuku’s arms in the little dorm room, Izuku worried for his friend knowing that he rarely cried, let alone let people see him do it, he just hoped that Bakugo was alright. Bakugo suddenly put most of his weight on Izuku, symbolising that he had fallen asleep. Izuku had started to wonder what happened to cause Bakugo to have cried himself to sleep. Tucking Bakugo into bed, he felt a certain angry passion and annoyance to the person that had caused Bakugo distress. He just then remembered Bakugo had been training with Todoroki at the gym. Maybe he would go to the gym and if Todoroki was still there, he would ask him what happened. But eventually Izuku decided if Bakugo wanted to tell him what had happened, he would and he wouldn’t pressure him or Todoroki to talk about it.