2.1 [M] It Wasn't Love

[slight TW] & [slight tw M] (I FAILED THE TW JUST APPEARED I SWEAR IT WASN'T INTENTIONAL I- UH) 

"You look so gorgeous" Roseanne beamed as she eyed her girlfriend swirl around on the ice, her brown hair flowing down from underneath her black beanie.

The ice rink resembled a scene straight out of a fairy tale, twinkling lights strung all around and above. The joyful music that was playing in the background, got drowned out by laughter all around them.

"Thank you, you look majestic as well babe," Lisa grinned widely and pulled the woman closer before placing a soft kiss on her lips, the taste of hot chocolate still lingering on their lips.

As they pulled back, Lisa felt her stomach flutter and a smile crept onto her face, her cheeks flushed red even though it was cold all around them.

"I love you..."

Roseanne grinned sheepishly and tucked some of her blonde hair back, "I love you too Lisa... I'm happy we've made it this far."

The two got back to skating around, enjoying each other's company.

Perhaps things weren't that bad after all.

Perhaps, she could truly enjoy her happiness for once, without worrying of it being but a fleeting moment.

Maybe things were going to finally change for the better...

Because they loved each other, and that was all that mattered, right?

They would make it work.

She would do her best to treasure what they had. Because losing Roseanne would mean losing it all.

And she wasn't about to lose the second most important person in her life.

If she did, she'd be an idiot.

--

--

--

"Mina?" Lisa chuckled softly as the pregnant woman stood outside, her cheeks puffed up from the pregnancy weight.

"Lisa! I haven't seen you in a while," she grinned while holding up a bag, "I brought some snacks."

The younger woman stepped aside to let her in, before closing the door behind them.

"The baby shower was less than two months ago you know," Lisa chuckled before following her into the living room.

The walls had been repainted to a light shade of green, and the previous black curtains had been replaced with dark green ones.

The entire space had gotten a makeover, giving the place a much livelier feel to it. Some potted plants had been allocated on shelves, with cute trinkets occupying the otherwise empty spots.