Chapter 166: Clash of Generations!

-WITH GWENDOLYN-

Gwendolyn sits in a large chair placed at the center of her library, surrounded by a circular shelf of books that lead upwards seemingly forever.  The flame-lit candles around her library illuminate the darkness of her library as she reads a book hovering in front of her.  

She pets a purple dog. The dog purrs contently as Gwendolyn softly smiles, continuing to turn the pages with her magic.  Suddenly however, one of the candles get extinguished by a silent wind, making her eyes dart over to it.  Zed opens her eyes and jerks her head up, beginning to growl and stand as she looks around frantically.

"This presence...  This mana..." Gwen whispered as she closed her book.  "Zed, go to Kevin."

Zed growls at the darkness around her, barking loudly as she stands on guard.

"I'll be fine girl.  Just go."  Gwendolyn said to Zed.

Zed nods to Gwendolyn and leaves the room.  Gwendolyn waves her hand over to the door and closes it.

The candles around Gwen's library all suddenly extinguish, only to quickly be ignited immediately with a purple flame as a hooded woman dressed in purple, holding a staff stands before Gwendolyn, laughing softly to herself.

"Hello...  Gwendolyn..."  Charmcaster said to Gwendolyn as she smirked.

"  Charmcaster said to Gwendolyn as she smirked

"Charmcaster..."  Gwendolyn replied as she waves her hand to the side, putting the book back onto the shelf.  "You haven't aged a bit..."

"One of the many perks of being queen of Ledger Domain..."  Charmcaster replied as she brushed her hair behind her.  "I'd say you look well, but then I'd be lying. Old age has not been kind to you, has it...?"

"How long has it been since we last met face-to-face...?  Over 20 years now...?"  Gwendolyn asked.

"Rotting away on some hidden planet, reading books in your never-ending tower... How far the mighty have fallen..."  Charmcaster commented.  "And to think...  This is the one whom the universe regards as the Sorceress Supreme...  The one next in line to become Queen of Anodine.  How pathetic you've become Gwendolyn..." 

"I suppose that's how it may seem to you, but I am perfectly content with the life I have built here with my husband."  Gwendolyn replied as she hovered past Charmcaster.  "Be thankful he doesn't know you're here.  I assure you, he'd crash through all of these walls and barriers I've placed around this place if it meant he could get his hands on you."

"Is big and bad Kevin Levin still mad about what happened to your precious little Evelyn all those years ago?"  Charmcaster asked mockingly as she poked her own cheeks.

"A father's rage shouldn't be something to be toyed with Charmcaster.  Especially when it involves the well-being of his children."  Gwendolyn said as she poured herself a cup of tea with her magic.  "And most of all...  Never test a Mother's wrath."