Sweetheart

Deliah wasn't one to sit around and wait for what she wanted, if she had the chance to capture someone's attention, she would. She'd never forget the first time she found her eyes meeting with Mia's and the way her breath caught in her throat, she was truly stunning.

The way Mia's deep red hair was tied back in a loose bun, her eyes sparkled in amusement, or the smirk that laid on her lips more often than not. Deliah just knew she wanted nothing more than to have Mia as her friend, if not eventually more. They talked a little bit during their day but Mia never went out of her way to find her, but Deliah always would.

She had her eyes set on the target and refused to move her gaze, she couldn't stop herself from pursuing her. She figured it would take quite the convincing but after a few drinks and a game of 7 minutes in heaven, found herself closer to Mia than she had ever been. Deliah felt a little bit afraid at the proximity of their bodies and the feelings of Mia's soft kisses across her face and fingers tangled in her hair.

It meant the world to Deliah, giving herself to Mia and allowing herself to be vulnerable. She wasn't very good at talking about how she felt, she would usually just rage and lose it on the people she felt upset with. But with Mia, it was different.

She felt like she could truly trust her and found herself falling in love with her more each night they spent together. It ended up being the fleeting memories that hurt her the most, she spent days wondering if they haunted Mia the same way. Did it mean as much to her? Had she spent her nights thinking about Deliah and wishing to feel her hand in hers?

She thought about the secrets they shared with each other and the way she slowly pulled out Mia's deepest dreams, wishing nothing more than to be able to live them out with her. Deliah listened to her talk about her father's disappearance and held her close several nights, wanting to take away the pain.

"It's okay, sweetheart. You can cry." She would whisper into her ear, brushing her fingers through her hair and kiss her forehead. "You don't have to be strong with me."

"Sweetheart?" Mia almost couldn't speak, tears evident in her voice as she had never felt more loved than in this moment.

"Felt like it really fit you, Amelia. You may be closed off from everyone else but when it's just us, you are the sweetest soul around.

"Deliah?" She pulled back from her arms and looked into her eyes, wiping the tears from her cheek.

"What is it, sweetheart?"

"I love you so much."

"I love you most."

The confession lingered in the air, like they were too afraid to ruin the moment. Mia wanted this to remain perfect in her mind, never needing anything more than her lover's touch. Eventually they moved on and did their best not to bring it up again, afraid of everyone's reactions and what they'd say. She would've stayed in the dark with Mia until she felt ready and if that meant watching a lifetime pass her by, she would watch it and not move from her place.

She was willing to stay right where Mia left her.

That's why it broke her heart when Mia refused to speak to her out of nowhere. They went from drunken kisses and snuggles to sitting next to each other in class, acting like they didn't know each other.

How could Mia do that to her?

Didn't Mia love Deliah the way she loved her?

It came to a head when Mia shoved past her in the corridor and nearly knocked her down to pounce onto Reece, sticking her tongue down her throat. Rage clouded her mind and she couldn't stop herself from grabbing ahold of Mia and pulling her off of him.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Mia shouted and even though her tone was sharp, there was sadness laying underneath her words.

"I'm wondering the same, Amelia, what the fuck is wrong with you?!" She stood her ground, even though she was much shorter than Mia and got right into her face. "How could you throw away everything we have?"

"Everything?" Mia's laugh was cold, sending a chill down Deliah's spine, "What a stupid choice of words given it meant... Are you ready, Deli?"

"Just fucking say it."

"Given it meant nothing to me. It's funny really, much like you mean nothing to me."

She wasn't sure what had gone wrong with her sweetheart, but she was the love of her life and she would do anything to pull it out of her. It wasn't until Mia gave her the final push, sending her over the edge and causing her to go tumbling down into rock bottom.

Deliah couldn't stop herself from spending hours in the shower, the burning water causing her skin to redden. She'd do anything to get rid of the feeling of her sweetheart's hands on her body. She thought she'd spend the rest of her life with her and yet she was thrown to the side, completely forgotten about.

How could those moments where she saw the rawness of Mia's emotions mean nothing to her? She held those memories so close to her heart and it felt like she couldn't breathe knowing the devastation that was rocking through her veins.

She didn't want to feel anymore. She had to escape that feeling and found herself flirting with store clerks at gas stations in exchange for alcohol even though she was several years younger than the legal age requirement. If she was able to forget about Mia by drowning herself in wine and losing her mind piece by piece, then that's what she would do.

She spent the last two decades waiting around Mia and watching her get in and out of a relationship with Reece. Everytime they would fight, she'd make her way back to Deliah and they would live in a perfect little bubble.

Nothing could hurt them if no one else knew, they could work if they ran away together and Mia promised her that she'd come back for her eventually. They would leave the country and make it out alive, hand in hand. Although it had been months since she was aware that Reece had broken things off with Mia and yet, there was no sight of her. She couldn't understand why it was taking so long?

Charlotte.

The name caused her body to tense up in anger, imagining what stupid promises Mia must've made for her. But if anyone was going to have Amelia Roberts, it would be her. Whether she wanted her back or not, she was going to have her again.

She loved her enough to waste away her life down the drain and slowly drove herself insane. Deliah's thoughts became unhinged more and more, stirring in the dark where Mia had left her to fend for herself just months ago.

Authors Note-

Hi my Angels! I was feeling a little inspired by our dangerous Deliah this evening and just had to write something! I'm not sure if I'll write further but I'm sure I will as we see more of this little firecracker. 

I love you! Keep an eye out for perhaps some Deliah mentions in at last coming!