Chapter 1: Layno

Going into being a cop he wanted to keep kids who grew up like him in a safe place. An actual person to help and not cause more problems for the kids. But being young and an omega in the police workplace is not a good mix. It's an alpha dominated work but that didn’t stop Brain from working his ass off since he left high school at 16. That’s how he got this undercover job real quick. 

Tanner chose him for two reasons, one he is another omega who will and has worked their ass off to prove what they have. Two Brian is good at acting, following a story, and going with it. On top of all that, the big FBI alpha who is running this, Bilkins, took his kids for collateral, so he doesn't get any ideas so to speak. 

He wouldn't do it to an alpha, but he would to an omega, he would do it for a young omega who might fall for the bad guy. Brian hates that his kids have been taken since he decided to take this job. That his kids are God knows where when he is sitting down at the shop ordering a tuna on white with the crust cut off as he has. 

Everyday. 

For the past four weeks. 

He has gotten friendly with Mia, a pretty alpha who's strong and smart. Who has long brown hair, brown kissed skin and a hint of an Italian accent. Brian can't deny that she is beautiful, but the claimed mark on her mating spot, and the fact that she talks about her mate Letty all the time shows that she is a claimed alpha. 

It’s honestly something that Brian admires about Mia. She doesn't hide the fact that she is marked, that she doesn't go after any omega who walks by her. She told Brian that she asked Letty to claim her where everyone could see it.

Alpha and omega’s have a mate when they are born, someone that their bond is tied to, whether they ever meet them or not, they have them. Once they meet their mate and they touch it will trigger something inside of them. Their souls react to the touch and they can’t ignore it after that. They can’t stay away unless they actually hurt each other. 

Brian hasn't met his mate yet and he never wants to if he is honest. Mates are bad news, they always have been when it comes to Brian. His parents were mates and they were miserable, bad for each other, abusive, and hurtful. They are like fire and gasoline. 

“You know,” Mia says leaning against the corner, looking at Brian, “You could just save money by buying all this yourself and making it at home.”

“You know I could,” Brian says with a mouth full of a sandwich, “I 100% could, but then I wouldn’t get to talk to you.”

“Am I your only friend?” Mia teases with a smile, which Brian returns.

Brian nods, “Yeah, to be honest, I don’t know or didn’t like a lot of people. So yeah, you're my only friend.”

Mia smiles sympathetically which turns into joy when the sound of cars gets close. Brian hears four cars and he knows who it is. The look on Mia's face tells him that it’s her pack. He watches Mia bounce on the back of her heels, happy to see her pack.

The whole team has their pack mark on their left wrist. A pack mark bonds them all together. It can be placed anywhere but the mate gland. It’s more traditional to put it on your wrist, some people put it on their shoulders, their back, to show that they aren’t wild, like Brian is.

He’s not in a pack, he's not mated, he's wild. To some people that makes him unsafe, makes him a red flag, exactly when he is an omega. It makes him unpredictable, wreckless, and mean.

Mia smiles as Letty and the pack walk in. Letty walks around the counter and hugs Mia, kissing her softly, before whispering against her lips, “Hola, cariño.”