#1 - No use crying over spilt coffee

Everyone always tells me to slow down.

I'm forever rushing from place to place, regardless of whether I need to be there at a specific time or not, much to the amusement and frustration of others who have the misfortune of being around me.

In this particular instance, I just really wanted a coffee. A cappuccino with caramel syrup, frothy, and full of caffeine. Absolute heaven. Completely understandable as to why I might be running to it, right?

Not everyone gets that. Especially not the person I just smacked with my bag while running to the café. Although, maybe he does because he's looking at the coffee I just smacked out of his hand that seems to be flying in slow motion, like it's his lifeline, and I've just cut it.

Which I think I just have.

Fuck.

We both stared at the mess on the floor for a moment in silence, mourning the loss of what looked like a very good cup of happiness.

My bag continued to swing happily as if it hadn't just completely ruined someone's life.

I looked up at him, then back to the coffee splattered across the pavement, then back at him.

"I am so sorry." I broke the silence, my face burning. I looked back at the coffee. The ice cubes were starting to melt. "Oh, no."

He looked up at me and brushed his black curls out of his still devastated, if slightly resigned, face.

"It's o- " he started to say until I put my hand up.

"Nope." I said, looking back up at him. "Not okay. This is a crime." That got me an eyebrow raise.

"C'mon." I said, holding out my hand. "What do you drink? We are fixing this. Now. This is unacceptable."

He backed away a bit. Whoops. I need to stop being creepy.

"Sorry." I said, pulling my hand back in. "I'm serious though. Let me get you another one?"

He thought for a bit and started to shake his head.

"Well, shucks." I said. "wrong answer. I'm going to get you one anyway."

I seemed to have shocked him into silence as I stepped over the evaporating coffee disaster and picked up the cup.

Littering is bad, kids.

"Grande Iced Brown Sugar Oat milk Shaken Espresso?" I read off the cup. "for... Conan?"

"You really don't have to." Conan replied, wincing.

"Yes, I do." I started walking, this time slowly, holding onto my bag so it didn't hit any other innocent, unsuspecting coffee drinkers. "One replacement coffee coming right up. Let's go!" 

I hoped he was actually following as I continued on walking into the coffee shop which was, for once, line free. 

Stepping up to the counter, I scanned the menu before smiling at the barista.

"Hi, could i please grab a Grande Iced Brown Sugar Oat milk Shaken Espresso and a Grande Iced Caramel Cappuccino. And two chocolate muffins." The barista nodded while writing the orders on the cups.

"What name for your order?" He asked, looking back at me.

 "Bailey." I answered, getting out my credit card. I paid and turned around to see Conan behind me.

"You actually followed!" I smiled at him.

He smiled back. "Hard to say no to the promise of coffee." he laughed.