A punishment befitting for a Lord

Few minutes later after Mr Nolan returned downstairs, Gabrielle came down with both of her siblings. Kayden's mouth went agape the moment he saw the king's guards. Gabrielle had told them they had guests but they didn't expect it to be the king's guards and a Coachman. Whereas Mirabelle who couldn't see them, kept a normal expression but that didn't stop her from greeting them after she heard her sister greet them. "Good day miss. I know you are surprised to see us here but by the order of the king, we are here to protect your father which equals protecting the entire family" one of the guards said as he stood up from the couch to return Gabrielle's greeting.

Gabrielle glanced at her father as she remembered his words. He was beaten up by thieves but not normal ones. This, Gabrielle didn't know. "I thank the king for his kindness and I thank you for your service milord" she said as she bowed her head. The guard smiled at her response as he stared at the family. "They will be staying with us but I don't know how long. Please children, be nice" Mr Nolan said to his children.
He then turned to  the guards "What are your names please?". The one who talked earlier introduced himself "I'm Marcus White". The less chatty one stood up and introduced himself also "Klaus Sanderson" and lastly the Coachman "I'm Louis Gregory" he said.
"Welcome to our home" Mirabelle said this time. Their attention moved towards the girl, they stared at her eyes which looked liked what was covered with a scale and wondered why her eyes looked like that. Not realizing she was blind.
"Thank you Miss" Klaus said this time.
"Marcus please you'd be sharing a room with my son. As for Klaus and Louis, you both will stay in the spare room. Is everyone okay with this?" Mr Nolan asked as she glanced at his guests.
"I think I speak for everyone when I say there's no problem sir" Louis finally spoke and Klaus and Marcus nodded in agreement.
"It's settled then" Mr Nolan said.

Kayden was somewhat excited that one of the guards was going to share a room with him. He planned to ask the guard to teach him how to fight in his free time. As everyone dispersed, Mirabelle asked Gabrielle why the guards were protecting their father. "Father was attacked by thieves on his way to the palace that's why the king sent his guards to protects him" Gabrielle answered.
"Is father okay? Is he hurt?" Mirabelle asked feeling worried.
"He was indeed hurt but it's not a big deal. It seems like he was treated in the palace so it's not too bad. Don't worry okay?" Gabrielle tried to coax her sister.
"Ohh okay" Mirabelle answered as she tried to calm down.

Sebastian was seated in his room with his legs crossed and his fingers locked together as he stared at the huge fire place. Watching as the wood burned with a cracking sound, slowly turning to ash. He focused his silver eyes on the fire and the color of the fire made his eye glint a unique color. His adviser, friend and right hand man, Benjamin who was standing  few steps behind the chair where the king was sitting watched quietly as he knew what was going through the mind of the king.
"Don't you think the recent thefts in Blackthorn and Mr Nolan's unfortunate encounter this morning is related?" Came the husky voice of the king.
"They are indeed connected your majesty. About Lord Irvington's village, I found out the village has been having a massive reduction in food supply and because of this, the people took matters into their own hands and went to witches for help. The witches gave them power and the people used the magic to rob from Blackthorn. It was definitely the people of Irvington that attacked Mr Nolan earlier. Also, I found out that Lord Irvington hasn't been honest about his dealings with the slave trade. Instead of following the rules, he took eight girls as sex slaves for himself and friends your majesty" Benjamin concluded.

Sebastian chuckled darkly after hearing what Benjamin reported. He swirled the chair to face Benjamin and asked "And why was there a reduction in food supply in Irvington?".

"According to an Intel, when it was time for harvest, Lord Irvington took almost all the food products. So much that it left little or nothing for the villagers to consume. The farmers tried retorting but they couldn't do anything. After all, he was the Lord of the village. Due to the fact that his first attempt brought no concrete reaction from the people, Lord Irvington continued the act" Benjamin concluded.

"So he's a waste of space then. What punishment is befitting for a Lord?" Sebastian asked as a devilish smirk appeared on his face.

~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT IS MY MOTIVATION!
I LOVE YOU GUYS

Author~mimi~