Chapter 1.5 "The meet - his POV"

Olli POV

I pulled up to the gas station to get some gas and hopefully coffee. For a while I felt a strange feeling, as if someone was watching me. When I finished filling up my bike I went inside to pay.

As I got inside a pair of lime green eyes started at me. It was the cashier lady. She was quite pretty, there was no denying it. The way her copper hair fell around her shoulders made her eyes slightly pop out because of their light color. Freckles filled up the empty spaces on her cheeks and nose making her face look cuter. Behind the tall counter I could see her slightly chubby figure. The tight white shirt and the blue flare jeans she was wearing made her curves and figure slightly more visible under the oversized jacket she had on top of that.

"Miss?" I called out to her.
"Ah I'm so sorry, I was lost in my thoughts!"
"It's all good. Pump seven." I said.
"Sorry?" She replied, her eyes slightly wide.
"Pump seven, I'm paying for gas?" I explained.
"Right, sorry. Anything else?"
"Do you have a coffee machine?"
"Yeah it's in the drink aisle."
"Thanks"

I paid and went to get some coffee from the machine. I chuckled a bit thinking about the slightly weird encouner we just had. I got back to the counter, coffee in hand. She was drawing something, upon closer look it was a car.

"Is that a Miata?" I asked, refering to the sketch she was working on.

She lifted up her head to look at me before she replied.

"Yea. It's for a mural."
"Looks good, you're talented. I'm assuming the rest of the paint job is also thanks to you?" I said.
"Thank you and yes. It looked plain and boring when I came, thought it could use some help."
"Looks great, more lively than any other gas station that's for sure."

We were both quiet after that. I was watching her draw, she was focused. I was searching for something to strike up a conversation again.

"Lilith? Is that your name?" I asked, looking at the tag on her shirt.
'Pretty name for a pretty lady.' I thought to myself.
"Yes. Now that you're at it, what's your name?" she replied.
"Well wouldn't you like to know. I'm joking, it's Olli."
"Way too cute of a name for such a hot looking guy." My eyes widened a little, she's got guts, I'll give her that. She was turning a little red now.
"Oh? Why thank you. It's short for Oliver." I laughed a little.
"Ahh, nice, yeah." Her face was still a pinkish color.
"Well I'll see you sometime again cutie. Byee!" I teased her a little.
"Y-yeah, bye." She replied, turning her head around.

I closed the door behind me. As I was sitting on my bike I took a glance back inside only to see her staring at me. I waved to her and left.

I was riding when I remembered I never went to see the race. I checked to see what time it was and if I could still make it. It was already 4 AM. There was no way I could make it so I just went home, I could still try and get some sleep.