☆❦Chapter 11☆❦

Savanah texted me to come over for something important

Savanah texted me to come over for something important. It's never important. I mean who does she think she is, ordering me what to do and stuff? With that, I grab my bag and head toward the garage.

I check the time on my phone, 5 pm. It's way too early for this. I should be in bed watching movies and eating snacks on my bed. Instead I have to do that at someone else house.

"Dad I'm heading out!" I say as I pass him on the couch eating popcorn in his pajamas. He looks up at me with tears in his eyes from the soap opera he's watching.

"Be back by dinner." He croaks out turns back to the tv with a sniffle and reaches for the tissue box. Fortunately he completely forgot about me being grounded after 1 or 2 weeks, unfortunately I still have to work in the same office with him and he still has my car keys.

"Doubt I'll make it past lunch without you!" I yell sarcastically as I pick up my bike keys from the kitchen counter. Another fortunate thing, he forgot about my bike.

"I doubt it as well," he replies.

"Bye Dad!" I step into the garage as he shouts a sniffles in response.

I swing onto my bike and start slowly driving out the driveway as I pick a playlist on my phone. I settle quickly on my favorite playlist which is unnecessarily long but filled with all my favorite songs organized in mood.

I vibe to the song chirpily as I drive the familiar route to my two friends' apartment. There's a store right before the apartments and I always stop by to buy food before heading to their apartment.

I park my bike flawlessly and step down while taking off my helmet. I place it on my bike and walk into the store. The store owner, Jim, is at the counter talking to an employee. He must be new, I've never seen him.

"Hey, Jim!" I wave to the store owner and he turns around with a grin.

"Sofia! It's great to have you back!" he says with a grin.

"I know, you guys love me here. 4th time this week!" I say sarcastically. "Whose the new guy?" I say with my elbows on the counter and my chin rests on my hands.

"This is Ricky! He's new." Jim respond as the new guy checks me out not so subtly.

"I guessed that." I laugh referring to me calling Ricky 'the new guy'. Jim realizes this and laughs with me.

"I guess your right. I'll let you go shop." he waved me away and turned back to the rookie who was still staring at me creepily. Whats his problem?