Chapter 29

In the underground chamber where three fighters spent most of the days improving their Mana. Mateo is standing in the middle of the room where the magic circle is etched on the floor. There's a hint of fear and uncertainty on his face as he breath heavily, preparing himself for another cycle.

Far from him are Beltrand who watching Mateo with worry and Gilmore who is tense and focused. He's near on a single lever located besides the barrier magic runes.

"Mateo, are you ready?" Gilmore asked.

"Yes."

"Ok. Start releasing all of you Mana."

And just like what Gilmore asked, Mateo release all of his Mana. Unlike his first try of doing the cycle, his Mana is a lot thicker now but still far from Gilmore's Mana that looks like a thick cloud filling the room. Mateo's Mana is more a like a haze.

After releasing his Mana, Mateo stands still as he feel the magic circle beneath him boosting his Mana regeneration. The feeling is pleasant just like before, the feeling of being energized as his body glows white.

After some time. Mateo's Mana is now full.

"I'm going to... the 2nd step now."

"Ok do it."

Mateo breaths heavily and he proceeds to absorb the Mana he released earlier, and he instantly feel the pain.

"Augh!"

Mateo flinch as he experience the dreaded feeling again. Mateo feels like his entire body is slowly and forcedly expanding in atomic level. His skin is like burning, his inside feels like hell, and his mind is like going to explode.

For each second of him absorbing the excess Mana, the more the pain becomes even more unbearable. Mateo is struggling on standing still as his body hurts like it's being tortured. More Mana he got absorbed and Mateo finally reached his pre-matured limits.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Mateo's agonizing scream as his body suffers even further. There's no visible injury yet Mateo feels experience burning and expanding, the excess Mana wildly dancing inside her body.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

"Mateo you can stop now!" Beltrand's worried scream.

Gilmore had enough and flips the lever. The blue crystals on the walls and floors starts to glow and begins to absorbs all of Mateo's excess Mana lingering on the air quickly. It only takes few seconds for the crystals to suck all the Mana and disperse it on the ground nearby.

With no Mana to absorb, Mateo's body stops draining Mana. Mateo falls go the ground knee first before completely slumps on the floor.

Gilmore and Beltrand rushes towards Mateo to check his condition.

"Thankfully I flipped the switch on time. It seems he didn't get any serious injuries." Gilmore's assessment as he checks the unconcious Mateo.

The two helps Mateo and carried him outside the chamber where Juli is waiting.

"Another failed cycle Master?" Juli asked. Gilmore nods.

Juli picks up Mateo using his wind magic. Engulfing Mateo with an orb of wind when Mateo is carefully floating inside.

"I'm will return and carry Beltrand later."

"You don't need to remind me of that." Beltrand frowns.

Juli climbs the stairs with Mateo and the other two enters the chamber again.

"Are you ready?" Gilmore asked.

"Y-yes."

Just like Mateo. Beltrand also suffers all of the pain and agony for a moment until Gilmore flips the switch. Just like what Juli promised, she returns and now carrying the unconcious Beltrand back to the surface.