018

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
𝟸.𝟻𝚔 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜

✦━─━─━─「❀」─━─━─━✦

𝑳'𝑨𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒓, 𝒍'𝒂𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒓, 𝒍'𝒂𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒓

𝑳'𝒂𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒓
𝑪'𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒖𝒏 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒔 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒇
𝑼𝒏𝒆 𝒍𝒖𝒎𝒊è𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒆
𝑶𝒖 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒖𝒏𝒆 𝒓𝒖𝒊𝒏𝒆

𝑳'𝒂𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒓, 𝒍'𝒂𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒓
𝑳'𝒂𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒄'𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒒𝒖𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒖 𝒎'𝒂𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔
𝑳'𝒂𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒄'𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒒𝒖𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒋𝒆 𝒕'𝒂𝒊𝒎𝒆
𝑺𝒂𝒏𝒔 𝒕𝒆 𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒓𝒆
𝑺𝒂𝒏𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒓𝒆

—𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒆𝒍 𝑴𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒅𝒋𝒊

✦━─━─━─「❀」─━─━─━✦

Talking openly as the sun set, Jooin and Mihyun walked toward their homes after parting ways with Chun Young and Eunhyung. The cool evening breeze brushed their faces, but it couldn't alleviate the tension in the air caused by Mihyun's words.

They had just confronted Hwang Siwoo and his followers, whose numbers had significantly increased for the encounter. Although Eunhyung had managed the situation with some ease, Hwang Siwoo's threat of revenge had weighed heavily on the blonde's mind.

The boys had dismissed his threat as empty words, but Mihyun didn't, knowing what the future held.

—So... you plan to use my cousin as a hunting dog,—Jooin broke the silence. His voice sounded casual, as if they were discussing the weather, despite his piercing gaze at Han Mihyun.

Mihyun stopped and pressed her lips together in frustration before letting out a sigh, feeling the weight of guilt crushing her. She frowned and responded in a low voice.

—Damn it, Jooin, don't say it like that. It makes me feel like real crap.

Jooin let out a dry, humorless laugh.

—That's because you sound like one. And don't think I'm saying this because it's my cousin. He's my family and I care about him a lot. But I know, as well as you do, that he's a great ace up our sleeve.

—Is that supposed to make me feel better? —Mihyun retorted.

Jooin looked at her sternly.

—No. I was just trying to sound empathetic. Let me remind you that it was you who proposed we notify each other when we started thinking like human garbage.

Mihyun snorted, ruffling her hair in exasperation. The blonde felt trapped, with no way out.

—Morals... that's not our thing, —she admitted, sighing in frustration. She hadn't expected Jooin to take this stupid topic seriously today. Using Woo San's contact was the only plan she could think of before tomorrow's incident. —And what if... you think about it like... one reform from within? Aren't those San oppa's exact plans?

Jooin stopped and looked directly into her eyes, his expression softening a bit.

—Look, I agree, okay? I don't really mind going through with the plan you're suggesting, but I know you'll feel bad later for using hyung knowing that-