Chapter Two

Violet

It's been about two weeks since the shop has been open, and since I've seen the Moretti brothers; so at least they had the common sense to listen and stay away. Which makes me happy, but at the same time, I hate not seeing Vit now that I know he's still around. It hurts to think about him - almost as much as it hurts to think about Dad - and now I'm left with two giant fucking holes in my chest.

The door chimes, drawing my attention from the piece I'm working on, and I spin in my chair only to be faced with the youngest Moretti brother. At least, I assume he's their brother - with the same olive skin tone, same golden eyes, similar facial features - only this brother is less tattooed than the other two and he looks... softer, almost. He smiles at me warmly, all of his perfectly white teeth showing as he approaches.

"Principessa." He breathes, and I roll my eyes.

"Pretty sure I kicked you and your brothers out, Mr. Moretti."

"Ugh." His low chuckle reverberates around the shop. "I don't see how Vit can stand being called that."

He holds his hand out to me as he fidgets with the silver loop in his lip with his teeth. "Name's Luca. We didn't have a chance to meet before you left town. I'm the youngest."

I stare at his outstretched palm with an arched brow. "Well, Luca - I still kicked you out. So please leave. I told your brother I didn't want you three to come back."

He withdraws his hand with a sly grin. "Sure seemed like it was more directed at Vit. So I assumed it was safe to stop by."

I shake my head and turn back to my drawing. The shop has been quiet today, so it's given me time to add some extra flowers that I've been meaning to. I hear Luca take a few steps before I feel his warmth against my back. He's not touching me, but he's close enough that it feels like he is. He's... overwhelming. His presence, his scent - all citrus and woods; the way he carries himself; and he's just as handsome as his brothers. Which is infuriating.
His hair is lighter than Vit's, and has light blond streaks throughout it. He chooses to differ from his brothers and is clean-shaven, and a silver hoop is pierced through his lip on the right side. I noticed yesterday that he runs his tongue or his teeth over it every now and again. Maybe as a nervous habit - I'm not sure; but it makes my knees weak every time he does it.

"That's beautiful, Principessa." He whispers in a low voice, and it sends a shiver down my spine.

Not one of fear or dread - but one that I'd really rather not feel about another of the Moretti brothers.

"Thanks." I mumble. "But please stop calling me that. I'm not your princess. I'm not a princess at all."

He leans in closer, and his warm, mint-scented breath splashes against my ear as he whispers. "I know your name, Violet. But you certainly look like my kinda princess."

My rational brain clicks back on and I spin around on my stool; effectively shoving him away from me in one motion.

"You don't even fucking know me, Luca." I spit.

He takes a step back, but not enough to put much space between us. A smirk hangs from the corner of his mouth as he runs his tongue along his lip ring.

"Either book a slot or get the fuck out. I don't come to work to get hit on by fucking thugs." I jab my index finger towards the door.

He falters for a moment; the smirk he had falling away into something... darker.

Another soft chuckle rumbles in his throat as he shakes his head, but he doesn't say a word. He turns on his heel, and I think he's going to leave - but instead he stops at the front desk. He looks up at me as he signs his name into the logbook, and then he takes a seat; folding his arms across his chest with a smug look.