Drunk words are sober thoughts

Vittorio's POV

Waking up from the most terrible sleep of my life i mostly blame it on the alcohol, but another part of me blames it on the fact that i probably fucked up one of the most important relationships ive had with a person in my life.

After i finally manage to get my legs to move (them being frozen from the embarrassment i feel from myself) i get out  of bed and hold my head in my hands.

Fuck me.

If this was just another girl from school that i said those words to the other night, i would have woken up feeling amazing, with nothing on my conscience. But even if im never going to admit out loud, i sort of, maybe, care about her.

When i find myself washing (almost drowning) myself with cold water a few minutes later i curse myself out banging my head on the tiled shower wall.

I guess i need to apologize.

Just to make myself feel better about all of this, i tell myself ill make it up to her. If she ever decides to forgive me that is.

_____________________________

Evangeline's POV

It was tough arriving at school this morning.
One thing i wasn't expecting was Camilla arriving back from her trip to America.
As happy as i was to see her i realized that im going to have to be in the same room as Vittorio if i were to say hello to her.

But still, much to my annoyance i head on over and hug her tightly whispering how much i had missed her when she wasnt there. Which is true.

She has her moments of being... not so nice to say the least.
But shes been with me through so much, she always knows the right words to say. I didn't lie when i said i missed her.

As she hugs everyone and seems a bit distracted by Chiara standing behind us, i feel a presence next to me.

I see Vittorio lingering next to me, seemingly ashamed.

I roll my eyes and put a bit of distance between us as i take a step away from him.
Which he doesn't seem to like and gets closer to me.

"Can we-" he starts but i cut him off.

"Dont even try Vittorio" i say before he can finish whatever bullshit was to come out of his mouth.

"Oh come on Eva" he huffs as he turns towards me, placing his hand on the pillar that i was leaning on, looking down at me with plead in his eyes.

"I actually dont wanna do this with you right now" i say quietly looking up at him, pushing his arm away from the pillar, and walking away straight to my first class.
______________________________

I keep my head down for the majority of the one class i have with Vittorio.
I can see him staring at me from my peripheral vision, but i decide i wont be playing mind to him right now.

Until.

I drown whatever boring lecture the teacher is blabbing about, until i hear her say something about a map.

"Me and Eva will do it" says Vittorio in a hurried tone, as i shoot my head up.

"What?" i suddenly ask taken aback.

"We'll get the map for the teacher" he says as he stands up grabbing my arm and dragging me out of my desk before i can protest.

I keep my mouth agape from shock at his audacity to do this.
______________________________

Vittorios POV

I saw the opportunity and i took it.
The whole class my mind was racing around.
Whenever i would turn my head to look at her i would get even more angry at the thought of what i had done, my leg bouncing faster up and down with every thought.

"What the fuck are you doing!? " she screams at me as soon as the classroom door is shut by my hurried hands.

"We need to talk, and you know it" i scream at her as we get further from the classroom, now stood in the random hallway of the school.

"Im not talking to you. Do you know just how much you embarrassed me last night you fucking dick?! " she screams, looking up at me.

"We're gonna fucking talk whether you like it or not" i scream filled with anger looking down at her blue eyes.

"Fine lets fucking talk then Vittorio. What the fuck was that about last night? "Maybe things aren't the same", " Maybe we aren't as close as we used to be".How the fuck are you going to explain yourself to me?" She screams at me.

"Come on Evangeline, you know i didnt mean any of that" i say my voice whining, the anger fading from her sharp words. Shes right how am i going to explain myself?

"Drunk words are sober thoughts, aren't they? " she suddenly says in a quiet tone that makes my back crawl.

"No! No! Absolutely not! " i shout at her. "I would never think that! " i say feeling a lump in my throat, my sudden cocky demeanor fading.

"Oh please Vittorio" she scoffs at me, starting to walk away from me back to the classroom.

"I would never think that!! " i scream towards her with tears in my eyes as i realize she might not forgive me, as she walks away from me, my legs seem to be frozen in place.

How am going to fix this?

After that i end up not going back to class fuck it.
The bell rings and im still pacing around the same spot where our conversation held place.
As my friends see me and gather around me im still angry as fuck.

"Vittorio! Are you listening? We're gonna-"
Before i do something stupid i storm away to the bathroom with Brando following me.
I enter a stall and lock it behind me as tears start to roam down my face.
I put my forehead up to the wall and feel the anger course through me.
I start to bang my fist against the wall leaving blood marks against it.

I really hope its just me and Brando in this bathroom.
______________________________

Evangeline's POV

After that conversation i dragged my feet around the school the whole day, not wanting to be there anymore.

As i enter the girls bathroom, the school day almost over, i saw a very familiar situation going on.

Fabio on the wall with all my asshole friends rubbing (to my surprise) Camillas lipstick on his face.

"Yo, Stop! " i start to shout at them trying to get in the middle of it and help my friend out of their grips.

As they see that a girl is in the middle of whatever theyre doing they stop.

"What the fuck is your problem?! " i shout.
"Especially with you? Why the fuck are you here, huh? Didn't we just talk about you? " i turn to face Vittorio's direction shouting in his face.

"And what exactly are you doing over there? " i turn to look at Camilla. "Just looking at your best friend get bullied, is that it? Why don't you help them while youre at it? You already gave them the tools for it" i shout at her pointing at the lipstick in Niccolo's hand.

The room is silent as i take Fabios hand and lead him out of the bathroom.

"Come, sit down" i say to hin as we reach the end of the hallway, as i get some wet wipes from my bag and start wiping his mouth.

"Im sorry about them" i say to him. Hes been my friend for a very long time. Ill stick up for him. Its what friends do. Unlike some people...

How can he be so cruel?