chapter 1

I felt the van suddenly slow and turn as she sat handcuffed in the back the only thing separating her from the driver was an identical steel barrier that was similar to the one in the back of the cop car that had taken her to jail the fateful night she was arrested for murder.

The cold steel if the handcuffs bit into my soft dark skin with each movment as i tried to keep my wrist from moving, looking through the Littles holes of the metal barrier i was able to make out a tall fence that began to opens the van waited.

The van began moving slowly forward as it passed through the gate but i couldnt see behind them as there were no widows, the van suddenly turned making her body shift as the handcuffs once agin bit into my wrist.

The van came to a hault and the driver rolled down his window handing a manilla envelope to someone.

I have prisoner Tatiana Webster drop off was all the driver said before rolling the window back up.

I could hear noises outside then the back of the van opened and i saw 2 guard both dressed in Green jumpsuits.

Ms Webster come on out if the van the first guard said, he was a tall white man with crew cut, as tatai git up and moved toward him i saw his name and it said Steele stitched into a patch on the right side of his green jump suit.

Mr steele reached up and grabbed me by my arm helping me step down out of the van, my first look at the prison was the tall fence that surrounded where i was with the top covered in several rows of razor wire and several cameras facing in different directions.

The building in front if me had a single steel door with a camera pointing down, the guard held firm to my arm as he guided me toward the steele door that was the entrance to my new home Rockwood State Penatentuary for Transgender Women.

The prison was built only 10 years ago after a multi million dollar lawsuit that was filed due to the death of 5 Transgender inmates in 3 different men's prisons all within a 3 month period where male to female Transgender women were held originally.

When they reached the door the guard pressed a button on a metal built in speaker box built into the side of the wall.

I have one new prisoner for intake mr steele said and moments later I heard a loud buzz and mr steele grabbed the metal handle of the door pulling it open.

Inside was brightly lit causing me to wince agisnt the light as my eyes were still accustom to the darkness of the early morning, Mr steele ushered her down the clean hallway toward a door labeled intake receiving.

The guard pulled a set of keys off his belt unlocking and opening the door ushering me through, when the door closed behind them mr steele walked me further down the hall till it came to a left and right path.

Turn left here mr steele said without looking at me and continued walking till me came to an open door marked intake.

Inside were several desk with people behind them working, I was brought to the first desk where an older white lady was typing frantically on her key board.

Take a seat melr steele said as he pulled the manilla envelope that was tucked behind his back into his belt and handed it to the woman behind the desk before standing a few feet behind me.

The lady opened the envelope which contained several papers and began typing on her keyboard as she looked at them.

After several minuets she looked up at me, you are Tatiana Webster the woman asked no expression on her face.

Yes mamm I said softly before crossing my legs.

Ok besides what is on your sheet are there any known allergies to food medication or anything else we need to know about the lady asked.