048.

'are you home? can we talk in person?' he asks through the phone as i let out a quiet breath in an attempt to calm the turmoil in my mind.

'yeah, yeah.' i whisper as i get out of bed, putting my ugg slippers on as i look back at ani once more to see her sleeping soundly before i walk out of the room and shut the door slowly.

'i'm here. let me up.' he says in the phone as i press the buzzer, letting him in from downstairs. i fight the urge to bite my perfectly manicured nail as i wait outside the door impatiently. i rub my eyes softly until i hear footsteps approach the door. i open it as quietly as possible as i see him standing there, wearing a plain white shirt with black and green syna shorts, his hair tied back and a black beanie covering it. 'nadya.' he speaks as i let him in and he looks to my room.

'ani's sleeping there.' i say and he furrows his brows, his eyes questioning. 'she and manny broke up.' i speak as i close the door.

'shit.' he says softly.

'yeah.' i reply as i cross my arms, one of his shirts and my panties being my pajamas. 'so what?'

he sucks in a sharp breath before speaking, slowly walking up to me. 'when we were in the studio, things got heated.' he begins and i let out a quiet groan but it sounds more like a squeak as my voice breaks.

'did you have sex?' i ask and he shakes his head repeatedly.

'no, no, no. we just kissed.' he says, as if it's supposed to better the situation. 'but–'

'get out.' i mutter and i see his jaw clench.

'nady–'

'out.' i speak sternly, tears threatening to fall but i quickly brush them away.

'please, just hear me out.' he speaks, raising his voice as he steps closer to me.

'oakley. i'm not gonna ask you again.' i repeat, but my voice cracks, ruining my facade of confidence. he scans over my face, his eyes flicking across mine as he searches for my reaction before he lets out a breath of defeat and what happens next shocks me. he takes a small step back, heading for the door but before he turns, i see a tear slip out of his eye but he's quick to remove it. i don't look at him as his footsteps recede before i hear the door open and close carefully, and that's when the situation hits me.

'nady, what happened?' ani asks me as i get back into my room and i see her sitting up and looking at me.

'they kissed.' i cry as i sit in the bed and she gasps, wrapping her arms around me.

'why does the universe not like us right now?' she asks softly as it's now my turn to cry in her arms. 'it's okay, darling. he's an idiot who never deserved your love.'

i shake my head with a sniffle. 'i love him so much it hurts, ani. i can't imagine my life without him.' i cry. 'he deserved all my love and now he fucked up and i can't help but still love him.'

'nady.' ani murmurs as she rests her head against mine and i feel her kiss my temple. 'go to sleep, we'll think about it in the morning.' she says and i nod slowly as i make a miserable attempt at wiping away my tears. i turn over in bed as ani snakes an arm around me and we cuddle as i slowly lose consciousness.

'so what happened?' ani asks as i sit on the barstool, playing around with the cereal i made myself before i retell her everything he said. 'i'm not trying to justify his actions but have you listened to what he's had to say?' she asks and i shake my head.

'i don't want to see him. if he wanted to see me then he wouldve by now.' i shrug before getting up and dumping my bowl in the sink. 'not trying to make it worse but shouldn't you be moping around over manny too?' i ask as she shakes her head.

'i'm sad, yes, but you and oakley lasted longer than manny and i did, and i'm living for this drama.' she laughs sadly.

'we haven't broken up...' i mumble. 'yet.' i say as i look away and ani scoffs.

'nadya, prekrati eto.' she says sternly and i sigh, dropping my head on the counter as i close my eyes. (stop it.)

'i'm not talking to him first.' i announce as i sit up again.

'so what, you're just gonna rot in here while waiting for oakley?' she asks in disbelief almost.

'yes!'

'no!' she yells after me as i groan.

i check my phone, realising the date and the time before i curse under my breath. 'i have a shoot in a bit.' i say as i get off the stool and rush to my room to get ready.

'you are not getting away with it, nady.' she announces before i shut the door and i let out a long breath.

'keep it together, nadya.' i mumble to myself as i take a moment before walking to the closet and searching for comfortable clothes. it doesn't help, however, since most of oakley's clothes are scattered around as if they've always been mine. i see a few syna tracksuits across the shelves snd i swallow hard as i take a different pair of sweats and a hoodie before going to the bathroom and washing my face before brushing my teeth.

i get out from my room, seeing the living room empty as i assume ani's gone to her room. 'ani! i'm leaving!' i call out, not getting a response as i take my keys and leave.

🎤
guys harry hook is taking over my life im scared but anyway idk whats going on iys 1am and im watching the lodge and i cant believe i watched this show with a straight face
err lowkey this book is actually ending guys i cant do anything to stop it im sorry 😓