Part 7

Zion's POV

It had been two weeks since I got accepted into the HYBE training program, and life had already started to change in ways I hadn't anticipated. The day after I received the acceptance email, I called my mom to share the news.

"Mom, I made it!" I exclaimed, barely able to contain my excitement.

"That's wonderful, Zion! I'm so proud of you!" she responded, her voice filled with genuine joy. But as I explained that I would need to stay in Korea, her tone shifted slightly.

"Korea? By yourself?" she asked, concern creeping into her voice.

"Yes, Mom. HYBE will provide dorms, and I'll have friends and fellow trainees around. I'll be in good hands," I reassured her.

She paused for a moment. "I trust you, Zion, and I know this is a big opportunity. Just promise me you'll stay safe and keep in touch."

"I promise, Mom," I said, feeling a mix of relief and determination.

Kim and her family were set to return to America soon. Kim had been my anchor in Korea, and the thought of her leaving filled me with a sense of loss. The day before their departure, we spent every moment together, soaking in the city and talking about our future plans.

"I don't want to leave you here," Kim said, her eyes glistening with unshed tears as we sat in a cozy café, our last shared moment in Seoul.

"I know, but we'll stay in touch. I'll call you whenever I get the chance," I promised, squeezing her hand. "This isn't goodbye. It's just see you later."

The morning of their flight, I helped Kim and her family load their suitcases into the taxi. As we stood outside, the winter air crisp and biting, we shared a long, heartfelt hug.

"Take care of yourself, Zion. And don't forget to eat properly," Kim's mom advised, giving me a warm, motherly hug.

"I will. Thank you for everything," I replied, feeling a lump form in my throat.

Kim hugged me tightly one last time. "I'm going to miss you so much."

"Me too," I said, my voice barely above a whisper. "But this is just the beginning for both of us. We'll meet again, and we'll both have amazing stories to share."

As the taxi pulled away, I stood on the curb, waving until they were out of sight. The realization that I was now truly alone in Korea hit me hard, but I knew I had to stay focused. This was my dream, and I was determined to make the most of it.

Training at HYBE was intense. Our days started early and ended late, packed with vocal lessons, dance practices, and fitness training. The schedule was grueling, but I thrived on the challenge. Each day, I pushed myself harder, determined to prove that I belonged here.

The dorms were better than I had expected. I shared a room with three other trainees, and we quickly formed a bond. There was Minho, a talented dancer from Busan; Jae, a singer with an incredible range from Incheon; and Kwang, a rapper from Daegu. We supported each other through the tough days, and our shared goals helped us stay motivated.

One night, after a particularly exhausting day, we gathered in our room, the dim light casting long shadows on the walls.

"Zion, how are you holding up?" Minho asked, stretching out on his bed.

"I'm good. It's tough, but I love it," I replied, lying on my bed and staring at the ceiling. "What about you guys?"

"I'm just glad to have you all here," Jae said. "It's easier when you have people who understand what you're going through."

Kwang nodded in agreement. "Yeah, we're in this together. We'll make it, one step at a time."

Their words comforted me. Despite the distance from home and the intensity of the training, I had found a new family here.

As promised, I kept in touch with Kim. Our video calls were a lifeline, a chance to share our experiences and keep each other motivated. One evening, after a particularly tough practice, I called her.

"Hey, Kim," I greeted her, my face lighting up as her image appeared on the screen.

"Zion! How are you?" she asked, her smile warming my heart.

"Tired, but good. Training is intense, but I feel like I'm improving every day," I said, leaning back in my chair.

"I'm so proud of you," she replied. "I've started looking for other auditions here, and I'm not giving up either."

"That's the spirit," I said, feeling a surge of pride for her. "We'll both get there, no matter what."

Our calls became a ritual, a way to stay connected and support each other despite the miles between us. Each conversation was a reminder of why I was here and how far we had come together.

Weeks turned into months, and the initial excitement of being a trainee at HYBE settled into a routine. The work was still challenging, but I had grown accustomed to the pace. My skills were improving, and I felt more confident in my abilities.

One evening, after a particularly grueling dance practice, I sat in the practice room, catching my breath. Minho joined me, a bottle of water in hand.

"You're really pushing yourself, Zion," he said, handing me the bottle.

"Thanks, Minho. Just trying to keep up," I replied, taking a long drink.

"You're doing more than keeping up," he said with a grin. "You're setting the pace."

His words gave me a boost of confidence. I was determined to keep pushing myself, to become the best I could be.

As time went on, I started to receive more responsibilities. I was asked to help choreograph a dance routine for an upcoming trainee showcase. It was a huge opportunity, and I threw myself into the task, working late into the night to perfect the routine.

The showcase was a success. Our performance received praise from the judges, and I felt a sense of accomplishment that fueled my determination to keep going.

One evening, after a particularly successful practice, I received a call from my mom.

"Zion, I'm so proud of you," she said, her voice filled with emotion. "I've been following your progress, and I can't believe how far you've come."

"Thanks, Mom. I couldn't have done it without your support," I replied, feeling a lump form in my throat.

"We miss you here, but we know you're doing amazing things," she said. "Keep working hard, and remember we're always here for you."

"I will, Mom. I promise," I said, my heart swelling with gratitude.

As I lay in bed that night, I thought about everything that had led me to this point. The journey had been tough, filled with challenges and setbacks, but it had also been incredibly rewarding. I had grown so much, not just as a performer, but as a person.

The future was still uncertain, and I knew there would be more obstacles ahead. But with the support of my family, friends, and fellow trainees, I felt ready to face whatever came my way.

This was just the beginning. The path to success was long and winding, but I was determined to keep moving forward, one step at a time. And with Kim's unwavering support and my own relentless drive, I knew I could achieve my dreams.