Ch 1

The sky was a brilliant shade of pink and orange; white clouds wispy and soft like snow danced across the dusky sunset.

A boy with scruffy white hair and icy blue eyes gazed off into the painterly dusk-bound sky.

The soft, cool breeze ruffled his hair; everything was serene.

It had been a while since he had been able to take a breath and just relax.

But just the moment he thought he was in complete silence, he heard someone speak his name from behind.

"Satoru?" a familiar voice whispered softly.
The boy with the white hair and round glasses whirled around, only to see an unmistakeable figure; he was tall, lean, smooth, pretty skin, with long dark hair and those sharp and shiny eyes.

"I knew you were there, Suguru. Can't fool me-" he teased, a small grin spreading across the pale boy's face, despite having a hard time sensing the other.

Of course, Satoru would never admit that.
He had to keep up to his title as "The Strongest" after all.

The dark-haired male smiled softly, his obsidian black eyes gazing up into Satoru's bright blue ones.

Geto sighed, sitting down gently next to his friend, his eyes darting curiously as he gazed at the setting sun.

"So what brings you out here?"
He mused.
"Didn't think you were the type to ever let go of your thoughts and relax like this-"

Satoru snorted. "Can't a guy have some one on one time?"

Suguru's eyes sparkled as he nodded, his smile warm and genuine.

"I guess that's fair."
He whispered, a calm and content expression on his face.

The two sat together for a moment, unaware how close they were together.

Satoru suddenly shifted his gaze to Suguru, his eyes sparkling.

"Uh- hey.. I had an idea... and... I was wondering if you'd be up for it."

Suguru tilted his head curiously, staring at the blue-eyed sorcerer.

"Hmm?"

"Well... I was thinking we could... I don't know- you, me, Shoko, maybe Nanami and Haibara-"

Suguru snorted. "Just say it, silly."

Satoru smiled, giggling softly.

"Principal Yaga had noticed that we were working really hard lately... and he granted us permission to go have a vacation... I mean, it's summer- right? Not many curses should be around compared to the winter months..

Satoru exclaimed, his expression excited but genuine.

Suguru tilted his head, two fingers on his chin.

He thought for a moment.

"Is that really what you want to do, Satoru?"

He asked, his obsidian black eyes glimmering curiously.

The white-haired male nodded, his sky-blue eyes sparkling with excitement.

Suguru rolled his eyes, a small smile on his smooth face.

"Well, I suppose I'll come with you guys."
He finally decided.

Satoru's whole face lit up, even though he was trying to hide his excitement.

"Really? let's fucking go."

He exclaimed, raising a hand in the air and doing a little jump.

Suguru couldn't help but smile when he saw Satoru this excited for something that wasn't jujutsu-related.

Missions had been getting harder and harder, especially as their ranks in jujutsu climbed the more they trained.

Suguru didn't want to admit he desperately needed some time off as well.

Satoru smiled again, tilting his head curiously.

"Whatcha thinkin' about, Suguru?"
He laughed as he gently punched his shoulder.

Suguru snorted. "Hey, gentle you dumbass."
He laughed brightly.

Satoru smirked, his smile wide.
"Hehe-"

He giggled softly as he smiled again.

——

Night fell as it always did, the crickets chirped and the cicadas buzzed in the summer night.

Satoru was lying flat on his bed, his crystal blue eyes stretched open.

He was thinking of how soft and relaxed Suguru had seemed, which was rare for him. Suguru didn't often open up and seem so soft and gentle; he often would be rigid and in tune to his own ideals when the two would take missions together. It's not like he was ever unfriendly, though.

Satoru had known Suguru for years. He seemed to be the only person who could understand what Satoru was thinking and feeling just by intuition; as well as reading his body language.

Despite knowing Suguru's quiet, nonchalant nature, something about Suguru still seemed to make him wonder.

This rather.... Soft and sweet side of his friend was rare; it seemed to only come out when the two of them were alone together.
Satoru liked this side of his friend.

During intense coordinated missions, or hanging around with Shoko, Nanami, and the others, Suguru would be more timid and reserved.

Was Suguru only really as open and true to himself when he was with him?

Satoru pondered on the thought, his crystal blue eyes darting around the room as he stared at the ceiling.

He always wondered what was going through his friend's mind. There was something about the way he spoke that seemed to make all time slow; his voice was smooth and soothing, but also cold like glacial ice.

As Gojo lay awake, time slowly seemed to slip away, his eyes beginning to grow weary.
It wasn't long before he found himself drifting off into sleep