UPNOW | 011

MAY 4thSATURDAY 7:46 pm

MAY 4th
SATURDAY
7:46 pm

"WHY WEREN'T YOU answering your phone Tyler, you scared the shit out of me. You left over four hours ago." Kaniyah looked up towards the door as Tyler entered.

He chewed on the inside of his lip , carefully taking off his shoes next to the door.

He glanced at the floor in the living room. There was a pink and green comforter set on the floor, and both Kyler and Reign were laying on their bellies, rolling around and playing.

Kyler knew how to crawl, but reign had yet to accomplish that because he was slightly younger than the girl.

Kaniyah stood to her feet, making her way over it the boy who was trying to head straight for their room. Feeling the girl grip his wrist, he glanced at her with annoyance written on his face.

When she locked eyes with him, the first thing she noticed was how glossy they were, which concerned her. "Is something wrong with kiyah." Her heart dropped in fear.

He shifted his hand in order to intertwine their fingers. The sounds of the babies babbling got more distant as he pulled his girlfriend away from the living room towards the bathroom.

"Where Quincy at?" He was finally able to choke out, feeling his stomach churn at what he was about to tell her. It didn't feel real, which was why he didn't come straight home. He was waiting to wake up, but after a while he just gave up and had to face the reality.

Over a year of his life had been a complete lie, and he had no real idea how to even react. He hadn't reacted yet, because he didn't know how. It was better for him to just let it out, but he was holding it in. That wasn't safe for anyone.

"He went to go get us some food love. You want me to text him to get you something, what you want from Dairy Queen. I was craving that strawberry ice cream." She rambled, while he pulled her in the bathroom.

She was confused nonetheless, he was being unusually quiet, and unaffectionate which scared her. He was always all over her as soon as he came through the door. That was the first red flag.

Licking his lips, he shook his head declining her offer of food. Instead placing his palms under her arms, he lifted her without any struggle, impressing her like always.

For him to be so skinny, and her to have so much meat on her bones, he sure was able to toss her around like she was a feather. It was concerning sometimes with the amount of strength he possessed.

Sitting her on the counter, he stepped in between her legs with a look of solemn slightly written over his face. "I gotta tell you sum," He started as if the news would be worse for her than him.