Our Newest Addition

Olivia woke up feeling unusually tired. It wasn't just the fatigue, but a persistent sense of unease that had settled in over the past few days. She rolled over, feeling the weight of sleeplessness in her bones. The sunlight filtered through the curtains, casting a gentle glow on her face. She glanced at the clock - it was early, but Spencer would be up soon to prepare for his virtual meetings. 

SJ, their 4-year-old son, stirred in his small bed beside hers. He had been unusually clingy lately, always wanting to be beside her. Olivia smiled weakly at the thought of her sweet boy, but concern nagged at her. Was she coming down with something?

As if on cue, Spencer appeared in the doorway, dressed in a crisp suit and tie. His brow furrowed with worry as he took in his wife's tired expression. 

"Hey, babe," he said softly, crossing the room to sit beside her on the bed. "You okay?"

Olivia sighed, reaching out to hold his hand. "I don't know babe. I've been feeling so tired lately, and just...off."

Spencer's concern deepened, but he tried to keep his voice reassuring. "Maybe it's just stress. You've been running around with SJ and everything else. Let me take care of you today."

Sensing the seriousness in the room, SJ scrambled out of bed and padded over to his mother's side. He climbed up onto the bed, wrapping his small arms around Olivia's neck. "Mommy, you okay?" he asked, his little face ceased with worry. 

Olivia hugged him close, brushing her lips against his soft hair. "I'm okay, sweetie," she murmured. "Mommy just needs some rest, okay?"

SJ nodded solemnly, but his concern mirrored Spencer's. Olivia remembered feeling like this when she was pregnant with SJ- exhausted beyond measure, every day a struggle and a blessing all at once. 

Later that morning, as Olivia sat quietly in their bedroom, she felt a wave of realization wash over her. Could it be...?

"Spence?" she called softly, her voice carrying a mix of hope and uncertainty. 

Spencer appeared in the doorway again, this time holding his son's favorite toy car. "What's up, babe?"

Olivia took a deep breath, her heart racing with nervous anticipation. "I...I think I might be pregnant again."

Spencer's eyes widened in surprise, but a slow smile appeared on his face. "Really? Oh, Liv, that's amazing."

He sat down beside her, taking her hands in his. "Let's not jump to conclusions, though. We'll get a test and see, okay?"

Olivia nodded, feeling a rush of emotions - excitement, nervousness, and a profound sense of gratitude. She turned to her son, who was playing with his cars on the floor. "Hey, buddy," she called gently. "Would you like to have another brother or sister?" 

SJ looked up, his eyes wide and bright. "YES!" he exclaimed, his toddler language clear and filled with enthusiasm. 

Olivia laughed softly, tears pricking her eyes. "Looks like someone's excited."

Spencer returned a short while later, a small bag from Walmart in hand. He handed his wife the pregnancy tests with a reassuring smile. "Everything will be fine, Liv. We'll take it one step at a time."

Olivia felt nervous as she took the test, her hands trembling slightly. Spencer sat beside her, his presence comforting and steady. "You're going to be great," he murmured, brushing a strand of hair from her face.

They waited in silence, the anticipation building. Finally, Olivia glanced at the test, her heart skipping a beat. There, unmistakably, were two lines. 

"We're pregnant," she whispered, tears streaming down her cheeks. 

Spencer pulled her into her arms, holding her close. "We're going to have another baby," he murmured, his voice choked with emotion. 

They held each other tightly, their joy overflowing. "This is a blessing, Liv," Spencer whispered. "A gift from God."

Olivia nodded, pressing a kiss to his lips. "I love you," she whispered. "Thank you for being here for me."

"I love you too," Spencer replied, his voice husky with emotion. "Always."

As they sat together, embracing the news of their growing family, Olivia couldn't help but feel a deep sense of gratitude and wonder. Life was full of surprises, and this unexpected blessing was one she would cherish forever.

Hey everyone! Looks like Spelivia is about to be a family of four!

I hope you enjoyed this one-shot. 

Requests?!

Please comment, vote, and add to your reading list. 

Also, check out my other book...most recent on is Love and Pain!

-T