Chapter 1: "When Will My Life Begin?"

Horses and guards could be heard in the distance as a dark-haired man ran through the forest. Up and about with a brown satchel worn across his body.

   He needed to find a way to get those guards off his trail, but how?? Oh! Maybe he could just hide somewhere safe and—

   His thoughts were suddenly interrupted as the man almost runs off a cliff. He turns his head toward the sound. They were getting closer. They were going to catch him.

   The dark-haired man panicked as a horse charges at him, making both of them stumble off the cliff.

   He let out a little yelp as they both land onto a large branch on the side of the cliff. The satchel seemed to have fallen off his shoulder and he felt a small wave of fear taking over.

   Where in the heck was that thing?!

   The dark-haired man quickly turned his head to look for the satchel and spotted it. It was at the tip of the branch.

   The two of them looked at each other before racing to get the satchel. They pushed and shoved and kicked, maybe even punched, but finally the thief had gotten the satchel.

   He smirked at the horse, "Heh, looks like I'm still faster."

  Right before the horse would neigh in reply, the branch snapped. They let out screams of terror as the branch took the two of them down with it.

  Yep, that's me. The one and only Gene Galíndez. You're probably wondering, 'How did I get into a mess like this?' Well, lemme start from the beginning.

  Thousands of years ago, single drop of pure sunlight had fallen to Earth and bloomed into a beautiful and magical golden flower— a flower that was rumored to possess the power to heal the sick and injured. It as well can turn back the hands of time. The rumors are quite as well true, but I think you guys are wondering, 'Why am I telling you this?' It's kind of important to the story and why I was being chased.

  The Queen was pregnant with a child and became gravely ill. As time was running out, the King ordered his guards to search for a magical flower, which was the one I mentioned.

A elderly woman with pastel blue hair and turquoise eyes comes across the legendary flower. As she quickly walks down the small hill, she comes face to face with the flower.

At first, she just stood there. It seems that she's been looking for it for quite a while now.

Suddenly, she starts singing, "Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. What once was mine."

She lifted her hood off of her head. A delicate, young face of beauty was now there. In my opinion, that's sort of creepy. Using the flower's magic for hundreds or thousands of years to "age" backwards. But, you see what I mean? Right?

The young woman gasps as she hears some guards nearby. She quickly put the fake bush cover on the flower to hide it and turns away, not knowing she had accidentally knocked the cover over.

A guard had yelled, "Look! Over here! I've found it!"

  Another group of guards came over to help. They pulled and pulled as they carefully tried to get the flower out to heal the Queen.

  After retrieving it and bringing it back to the palace, the King had fed his wife with some tea, healing her. Later then, she had given birth to a healthy (and handsome), baby boy. A prince.

  That's Zenix. He was born with beautiful dark red hair and brown eyes. To celebrate the birth of the prince, the King and Queen launched a lantern into the sky. Something that has become a tradition over the past few years.