Chapter 43 | Crush

Sunday

"Why the hell are you smiling like a teenage boy who is texting his crush?" Liam raises an eyebrow, crossing his arms.

"Go away man." Hassan hisses and rapidly restores his expression to a blank one, still tapping his phone with his fingers zealously.

"Hassan, my man!" Samuel calls out to him cheerily, pacing down the stairs with Jolene following behind.

Hassan looks up at the mention of his name for a brief moment before looking down again.

"Hassan." Samuel wraps his arm around Hassan's neck.

"The chosen star." Samuel begins with a smirk.

"Tell us man, what did you and Damon do last night? Were you guys on a secret mission? Do you know why he asked for our selfies?" Samuel bombards him with questions.

"Stop bothering him, the guy is chatting with his crush." Liam speaks in a casual yet mocking tone, getting something in the fridge.

"Crush?" Samuel widens his eyes in bemusement.

"Wait, what?" Jolene joins in and quickly becomes interested in the conversation, because she smells tea.

"I will kill you, Liam!" Hassan yells at Liam, but the only thing he gets back is just a chuckle from him.

"You have a crush, Hassan?" Samuel grins at him.

"Ah, he definitely is having a crush, see, he's not even responding." Samuel teases.

"No, I'm not!" Hassan pushes Samuel away.

"Damn, what happened to our bad boy, Hassan?" Jolene chaffs, resting her hands on her hips.

"Don't be ridiculous." Hassan walks to the other side of the room, annoyed.

"Hey, no need for such a reaction, man!" Sam calls out to him.

They leave him alone, laughing at his weird behavior for a moment before noticing Damon entering the room.

"Boss." They all greet him.

"Boss, what did you do to Hassan?" Jolene giggles.

"What do you mean?" Damon looks at her questioningly.

"Liam says he has a crush." Samuel touches his chin, making Damon scan the room in search of Hassan.

"Oh, just shut up, all of you." Hassan speaks up one last time before walking out of the room.

"What was the yesterday's text about?" Jolene shifts in place, crossing her arms and patting her chin curiously.

"It was nothing, just a mission." Damon shrugs nonchalantly.

"No, it's not just a mission." Someone's bantering voice fills the room.

Everyone looks over to see Hassan standing at the threshold separating this room with another one.

"You guys should stop focusing on me and focus on him instead."

"Last night he was out to take that Rosalie girl out on a date!" Hassan shouts then hastily runs away, as if to avoid being murdered by Damon.

"What the fuck, really?!" Jolene drops her jaw, glowering at Damon.

After her reaction is a series of disastrous reactions.