049.

it's been 2 weeks.

2 weeks of me ignoring oakley's texts. 2 weeks of radio silence from my end and 2 weeks of focusing on modelling and nothing else.

ani finally managed to convince me to haul my ass out of bed and go to a bar with her at fucking 11pm and after a lot of arguments, i made sure we went to one far from here so i wouldnt bump into oakley. i look in the mirror after putting my heels on and adjusting the navy bodycon dress on my hips. it's strapless and stops at around my mid thigh, my hair straight as i haven't curled it since oakley and i stopped talking (he always preferred my hair curly.)

'nadya!' ani calls out as i apply my lipgloss. 'let's go!'

'i'm coming!' i reply as i take my purse, putting all my essentials in it before putting it on my shoulder.

'ooo, you look amazing!' she chirps and i smile.

'thank you, so do you.' i reply as i take my car key from the pot.

'you're driving?' ani asks and i nod slowly. 'no you're not, i want you drunk by the end of tonight, nadya. put the keys down.' she speaks sternly as i let out a quiet sigh before leaving them. 'good! now let's go!' she cheers as i laugh a little as we get in the lift. ani looks at herself in the mirror, fixing her hair and wiping a bit of smudged mascara from under her eye before the doors open and we both walk out.

'did you call an uber?' i ask and she nods.

'obviously.' she speaks but as we step out, a car is already parked there, an all too familiar structure standing against it. 'holy shit.' she says excitedly and i swallow hard.

'ani, what the hell?' i ask, furious at my best friend as i look at her and she raises her brows.

'i had to get you out somehow, just hear him out. for me?' she speaks and i look at her, my jaw clenched before i hear his voice.

'nadya.' he calls out and a piece of my heart chips off as i glare at ania before finally growing the balls to look at him. he's holding a huge bouquet of flowers, white dahlias to be precise. my favourite.

'oakley.' i sigh as i step closer to him but i'm still around 2 feet away from him. he stands up straight, holding the bouquet of flowers out to me which i reluctantly take. 'how did you know they were my favourite?'

'you told me when we first met. when you were showing me around the school and you were rambling on about how they should plant more dahlias because no one really knows about them but they're your favourite.' he explains and i let out a quiet breath.

'a bouquet isn't gonna make me forgive you.' i say monotonously as i put it down, crossing my arms across my chest as his eyes scan over my body. a combination of regret and disappointment hanging low in the atmosphere as i wait for his response.

'i know. i fucked up, nadya. bad. i regret it all so much, and i've seen what she's been posting and i promise that i've tried to make her take it down.' he explains and i shake my head.

'i don't care about what people think about me oakley.' i say honestly. 'you kissed her.'

'she kissed me.' he corrects.