19

Regina and her friends arrived at the Marriott Hotel after a twenty-five-minute drive from Changi Airport. The hotel was in a prime location, right in the bustling centre of Orchard Road. It was easy to spot, situated directly across from Ion Mall with its distinctive octagonal tower design. Like most modern buildings, the hotel was dominated by glass windows from the ground floor to the roof.

Upon arriving at the slightly secluded lobby on the second floor, Tanzila and Susie quickly took photos and posted them on Facebook before heading to the reception desk. A female hotel staff of Chinese descent greeted them warmly. Noticing they were from Indonesia, she immediately assisted them in Indonesian, speaking the language fluently.

After checking in, they headed straight to the elevator and up to the twentieth floor. The hotel boasted over three hundred rooms, including nineteen suites and six luxurious executive rooms with private lounges. They had booked a deluxe room with early check-in and internet access.

Once they reached their room, each began their own activity. Regina immediately opened her suitcase and changed clothes. Jessica drank a glass of water while scanning the room. Tanzila lay down to enjoy the soft bed, and Susie admired the urban view of Singapore from the window. "Wow, I bet the view will be even better tonight," she said, standing by the glass window.

Their room had double beds. Although the room was spacious, it felt smaller due to the numerous corners. However, it was well-designed, elegant, comfortable, and clean, with top-quality bed linens. The room's amenities were also very comprehensive.

"Come on, let's go explore," said Regina, slipping her professional camera into her bag. Her three friends quickly grabbed their own bags and got ready to head out.

Upon reaching the lobby, Susie suggested they take a quick photo. They took turns posing on the long sofa with the swimming pool visible through the window in the background. Afterward, they left the hotel to visit some of the city's attractions. Their first stop was the Merlion. They took the MRT and exited through Esplanade Mall. By the time they reached the Marina Bay area, the Singaporean sun was shining brightly overhead. It was already 11:35 AM.

Due to the heat, they chose to sit on benches in a small park in the Esplanade forecourt. There were also shady trees providing some relief. The cool sea breeze gently caressed their skin. Regina sat cross-legged, facing the bay. In the distance, the Merlion statue and its platform were crowded with tourists.

Regina quickly took out her camera and began capturing some interesting shots. She photographed the scene at the Merlion platform from a distance. The tourists crowded the area, undeterred by the blazing sun.

From Merlion, Regina turned her camera towards the tourists both at the Esplanade Drive platform and those passing by the park. She also captured those on motorboats cruising the bay.

Then, they decided to head to Merlion. By then, the sky was slightly overcast. As they passed Esplanade Drive, Jessica approached an ice cream vendor and ordered four ice creams. Regina captured a shot of Jessica with the vendor, then took photos of the bustling traffic and people passing by. From there, they went to the Merlion platform. Regina switched to taking pictures of her friends near the Merlion statue. Jessica asked a tourist to take a photo of all four of them together.

Afterwards, Regina wandered along the One Fullerton promenade, taking photos of people boarding boats. Her friends followed, busy discussing the fun they were having on their holiday.

While photographing, Regina noticed a young man standing at the edge of the river. His handsome face looked forlorn as he gazed out at the bay. Regina watched him. The young man wore a brown leather jacket, black harem pants, and white sneakers. His messy hair and alabaster skin reflected the sunlight. Regina was intrigued. She discreetly took a picture of him. As she tried to zoom in closer, she was startled. The young man had turned and was looking right at her. Caught in the act, Regina quickly turned around and hurried over to Jessica.