Chapter 15 (Part 2)

It's been a few months since Ashanti's been to her grandmother's church, her and Lisa Grace haven't had the courage to face the church after what happened.

Ashanti got a job at a corner store, Lisa Grace works there too, she's the one who recommended the job since it's owned by her grandmother, Alma Anne.

Ashanti was jealous of Lisa Grace's bond with Alma, since her grandmother remains locked up in a psychiatric ward. Even though Ashanti's relationship with Esther was on the rocks, she missed her, she missed running the church, she wished the sermons were led by Esther instead of some priest Ashanti found off of craigslist.

The basement and the holy water containment room have been locked by Ashanti, Ashanti told the priest that the doors were jammed, but they weren't. They were locked, and the keys for both remained in her cigar box, that was her way of trying to quit cold turkey.

Every time she stepped near that cigar box, she felt her stomach acid rise and hit her uvula. In other words, it works pretty good.

Esther on the other hand, has broken the mirrors in her room, she flipped her bed over to hide from the sunlight, or any form of light in general.

Anytime Esther even looked at the reflection of light, the sun slowly burned away, the sky would turn black and any sign of day would be gone. So she hid, she went into apocalypse mode, and hasn't come out since.

Lately, Ashanti has been looking like her mother, to which Esther demanded the staff to never let Ashanti step into the ward ever again.

Ashanti took the news so hard that she relapsed for a week or two, smoking so much that she was practically inhaling each cigar.

Ashanti lives her life in peace, she has taken a liking to Lisa Grace's brother, Kyrie. The main reason she chose to pursue Kyrie was because he shared a nickname with her late boyfriend. Both are known as Kai.