That night

Alone is what I loved to be. Crying to a void was my only was of releasing pain. Pain I'd hidden deep within my heart, away from contact to another human's eardrums. I showed no sign of hurt, abandonment, loneliness. I was most alone when I was surrounded.

 I disappeared from myself. Looking in the mirror was like looking at a walking corpse. My face held no color, no life. My hair had dried out so terribly that it broke under swift touch. My lips hadn't seen a smile in months. I lost myself. This was the breaking point. My breaking point. Something wicked snaked through my veins that night, mixing with my cold blood. My mind thought a million thoughts at once; suicide, crying, screaming. Then, one passed through. One single word: run. 

And I did just this. Playing in my ears is the sound of the creaking stairs in my parents one hundred year old house as I snuck down them. My body was meant to be at rest in the comfort of my silk sheets. Instead, I stole my mother's purse and my fathers pistol and keys. And I ran for the hills.  

————————————— 

 The drive was aimlessly long. I had no idea where I was going to end up, so long as I was far away from my life. Mother's wallet held two credit cards and a wad of loose bills. My fingers slid through the paper gold while I placed it up to my nose. I felt powerful. I felt...free. 

 My lips, stained purple from the cold, toyed with each other. Teeth sunk into the discolored flesh. I slowly, painfully smiled. I closed my eyes. I removed my hands from the steering wheel and threw them into the night sky. I let the frigid air whisk itself through my hair freely. I drove fast. In that moment, I felt myself let go. I felt the pain vacate my body. I was rebelling, I knew, and I cared none. My eyes opened again. I smiled again, an evil smile it was. 

 A sign came up on my left: BAR 6 MILES AHEAD ON THE LEFT 

 Freedom does crazy things to a person. 

((Short, but sweet. 1st chap up already. love u))