𝚘𝚗𝚎.

PRESENT DAY

PRESENT DAY

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁

                    CHASE stepped out of the dorm building where his friends lived. Although he wasn't there to see them, he had been messing around with a few girls who also stayed there. It was around midnight, and he decided it was time to head home. He had his own apartment near the school, giving him the freedom to invite anyone over and host parties. Though Chase would never actually throw a party; he was never the party type.

As he made he way to his car, he noticed a girl sitting outside by herself. Curious, he wanted to see who it was, since she looked so familiar. He couldn't pin where he knew her from until he thought back to them meeting at the skatepark last year. Aure.

He approached her, once he was close enough to fully see her face he noticed she had been crying. For some reason, he didn't like that.

"Aye, why you out here by yourself? It's late as fuck." he spoke.

She looked up at him with red, puffy eyes, the light from a nearby lamp illuminating the dried tear stains on her cheeks. She recognized him, quickly growing embarrassed that he was seeing her in the state she's in. Her hair was a mess and she wasn't wearing anything but a small tank top and some basketball shorts.

"It's nothing," she mumbled, looking away and wiping her face with her lower palm. "Just needed some air."

"It's dangerous for you to be out here, you know how niggas be." he told her.

She appreciated his concern, truly.

"Chase, you should go," she said to him softly. "I'm not supposed to be talking to you."

Hearing her say that struck confusion in him for two things: One, she called him Chase. Usually, he hated for girls to use his name, but for some reason, he had no issue with her saying it. He loved the way it flowed off her tongue. Two, why isn't she supposed to be talking to him? What was he missing?

"How come you not?" he asked, a slight frown forming on his face.

"You know Micah doesn't like you," she said to him, worriedly. "If he finds me out here talking to you, he just might kill me."

The fuck? Kill her?

"Is he why you was crying?" he asked.

She sighed, "Yeah, we got into a big fight."

Chase's frown deepened, concern etching his face. "What happened? Did he hurt you?"

Aurelia stayed quiet, afraid to answer his question. Immediately he noticed her hesitant reaction.