Chapter 44 | Graduation

Monday morning, at school

"Everyone is looking at us like we are celebrities, Rosie." Catalina chuckles amusingly, seeming to enjoy the new attention she has gotten.

For the entire day, we have been stared at by everyone we walked past, even the teachers.

It feels so weird, having people stare at me all the time and talk about me.

I just... Don't like it.

"You really pulled out quite an entrance, girl." She nudges me, reminding me of that night when Damon and Hassan pulled in with race cars that captured everyone's attention.

"You are enjoying this, aren't you?" I ask her, raising a brow.

"Yeah, this is cool." She is quick to agree, smiling contentedly and I can't help but smile back at her joy.

"Hey, Rosalie..." An unfamiliar voice calls out to me and I stop to look over.

A girl who I don't even know approaches me.

"Uh, hi?" I reply with raised brows.

"Are you and him dating?" She asks.

"Him, who?"

"The sexy guy you went to prom with." She blushes and tries to giggle it off.

"Oh..."

Well, this is weird...

"I... Um..." I hesitate.

"No?" I murmur after a moment.

Why do I even hesitate and take my time thinking about it when it's true that we are not dating?

Maybe because I wish it were real, that we were actually dating...

Her question hurts me somehow...

"Oh." Her eyes lighten with hope while mine only darken with sadness.

"Nice, nice..." She mumbles.

"Well then, can you give me his phone number-" She extends her phone to me, smiling even more.

"What the hell-" Before I can even react, Catalina suddenly exclaims and shoves her phone away.

"Get lost, he's already taken." She speaks in an angry voice before pulling me away with her.

"You should have told her yes." Catalina hisses at me, giving me a displeased look.

"B- but I'm not used to lying." I pout and lift my palms.

"Ugh, girl..." She sighs and shakes her head, seeming disappointed in me.

...

Catalina pulls me running to find the best possible seats to sit down and prepare for the ceremony.

Yes, our graduation ceremony happens today.

A while later

The ceremony was pretty boring, but I'm glad it's over now. Both Catalina and I have finally held the diplomas in our hands.

Everyone gets up from their seat and is now ready to go home.

Heading towards the gates peacefully and quietly with Catalina by my side, my ears suddenly pick up the mention of my name.

I pay more attention to it to figure out what it's all about. Then, I realize something...