Prologue

WARNING!

This story contains depictions of violence and strong language that may be upsetting for some readers.

Prologue

WHITE LOTUS Organization, an underground specifically a Mafia Organization that neither in a good nor bad side. They act according to their will, they act to what they want or don't, and they act to something that will benefit them— may it be opposing the authorities or fighting with their fellow Mafias.

The name of the organization sounded like innocent as the flower itself symbolizes purity. But contrary to everyone's thoughts, the fact that, White Lotus was taken from its slang term, which means someone who is pure in appearance, but opposite inside.

The slang term of White Lotus applied to the boss of the organization itself. He may not be a woman, but he's prettier than a woman and being a two-faced man suit him really well earning the name White Lotus itself and be known as White Lotus of the Underground Society.

Ethan Miles Smith, a man who's capable of defying and violating the law with his innocent puppy appearance, a spoiled brat youngest son whose tantrums could send shivers to those around him and a pretty handsome young man that looks like someone who couldn't harm anyone from the outside yet a cunning demon hidden inside.

"Ahhh!!!"

"Ughh!!!"

"Please, spare me! I promise, I won't do it again!"

"I'm begging, please give me a chance!"

Today is one of the day he's flaunting how cruel and vicious he is.

Hearing those voices resonating the whole area, Ethan remain smiling innocently as his eyes fixed to those four men beaten to a pulp and kneeling in front of him, begging for their lives.

Sitting on a single couch— not a typical sitting position of someone superior— hugging his knees like someone who needs comfort, he rested his chin on his folded knees then pouted his lips.

"Why should I spare you?" He asked innocently.

Kazimir, Ethan's right-hand man standing beside him shook his head to the way he spoke. It's a good thing Kazimir already used to his boss craziness and childishness. This isn't the first time he acted this way. More than anyone in this place right now it was Kazimir who knows what exactly Ethan's feelings as of the moment. He might be smiling from the surface but Kazimir could bet his life that Ethan is really furious and probably already thinking of ways how to deal with those men.

The more Ethan smile innocently the more vicious he could be if he wants to.

Walang nagtangkang gumawa ng ingay maliban sa mga daing ng apat na lalaking kasalukuyang naghihintay ng kanilang parusa. Maging ang mga kasamahan ni Ethan na maiingay ay tahimik lang nakaupo sa couch at nakamasid. Hindi sa takot sila sa binata, naghihintay lang sila sa gagawin nito. Kung sakaling magwala na naman ito— tulad ng palagi nitong ginagawa kapag nagagalit— makakakilos sila nang mabilis para awatin ito. Iniiwasan lang nilang mapinsala na naman ang headquarters na kakaayos lang.

Minsan talaga hindi nila maintindihan si Ethan, kung ano ang kinaganda ng mukha nito siya namang ka-kumplikado ng ugali nito.

"You're all aware of the consequences of betraying me but you guys still did it. Am I not paying you enough? Am I not good enough as your boss because I'm still young? Or was it because I look weak?" To anyone who can hear Ethan without knowing what really happened, they might assume that Ethan was a helpless victim, betrayed by his subordinate.