The Last Day of School

It's the last day of 7th grade! No more homework, no more waking up early, no more school, and endless amounts of fun with friends! When the bell rang I ran down Grand Acre St around the corner a few blocks to my house. I threw the door open and let it slam shut behind me. I lazily threw my backpack on the couch and flipped on the TV. Automatically it changed to the news, blech. I quickly switch it to one of my favorite shows, "The NOT Perfect Life". "Hora, come here!", my mom yelled from the kitchen. Ugghhh. I slowly walk over to the kitchen as I drag my feet on the rough carpet. As I enter the small kitchen she looks up from her phone. "Your uncle is coming over, all the way from England!". I stared at her blankly as she smiled the biggest smile I've seen in years. "He's coming over on Monday!", she said with the same huge grin. "I have an uncle in England?", I asked. "I've never told you?". "Umm, no". I was about to go sit back down on the couch when she said, "You need to go clean your room". "But mom...", I started. "I know it's the last day of school, but he's coming over in less than 3 days!", she explained. I walked to my room, put on some music, and started cleaning. "I wanna here you roaaaar!", I sang. Cleaning got really boring after a while. I ended up getting on my phone and checking Instagram. My mom came in shortly after and complimented me on how clean it was already looking, but when I looked back at my room I knew I still had a lot to do.