Prologue: Snowy Head

In the midst of a bustling street, a young girl's gaze locked onto a stranger, her blueberry eyes wide with wonder. Devon, oblivious to her attention, stood tall, his raven-wing hair and golden jade eyes a striking contrast to the winter landscape. The girl's small mouth hung open, her innocent mind captivated by the man before her.

As the cold wind whipped through the street, the girl's cheeks flushed a deep crimson. She clutched her winter coat tightly, the chill biting at her skin. Yet, she remained transfixed, unable to tear her gaze away from Devon. Something about him drew her in – the sharp planes of his face, the piercing intensity of his eyes, or perhaps the enigmatic smile playing on his lips.

Devon, accustomed to admiring glances, felt a spark of curiosity ignite within him. Who was this little girl, and why did her gaze hold such power? He resisted the urge to turn back, to meet her eyes and uncover the secrets hidden within. Instead, he stood firm, his attention focused on the path ahead.

The girl's reverie was shattered by the sound of her maid's voice, calling her back to reality. "Miss Lynn, please get in the car." Reluctantly, she tore her gaze away, the loss of Devon's presence leaving an unexplained ache within her.

As she slipped into the car, Devon turned back, his eyes scanning the window for a glimpse of her face. But she was gone, hidden behind a veil of glass and snow-white hair. A small, enigmatic smile played on his lips. "I'll see you when you're older, Snow Head."