4

A Month Later
16th October 2027

"Ahhhhh"

Vishana grunted as her mobile phone buzzed for the hundredth time, early in the morning. Her debut movie, A Dream, had released a week ago, and people had showered praises on the movie. Her performance had drawn a bit of attention, with fans hailing her as a promising new talent in the industry while critics offered a mix of praise and constructive feedback.

The Koffee with Karan episode had come out day before yesterday and true to Karan’s words, it had become a big freaking headline

" New Love Story In Town : Yashasvi Jaiswal and Vishana Arora".

"Is this new revelation a big distraction for this top player?"

"Famous young singer,Vishana Arora reveals her crush and it's not an actor"

Many such lines were plastered all over the internet.

As she lay in bed, squinting at her phone screen, she felt a wave of irritation wash over her. She had barely slept, and the constant buzzing of notifications had made it impossible to get a moment of peace.

Vishana groaned and flopped back onto her pillow, pulling the covers over her head. She just wanted one morning without the noise, she wanted the peace where she could write down her emotions and feelings.

Her phone buzzed again, and she reluctantly reached for it, expecting more headlines or messages. Instead, it was a message from Ayaan also called as Kittu

Kittu : You need to pay the electricity bill here and let me just warn you, Biji is watching the tv like a hawk, all day long. So its going to be beyond par. I swear on you I haven’t played video games a lot

This brought a smile to her face. Biji and Ayaan had been in London for the past month. Ayaan was studying Software Engineering there, and Biji, ever the protective grandmother, had insisted on joining him, unable to bear the thought of leaving her beloved grandson alone in a foreign country especially since he didn't even know how to cook.

Vishana quickly replied, "Busted, Kittu! We both know you've been sneaking in some gaming time. And tell Biji to go easy on the soaps; she’s not running a TV marathon!"

Ayaan shot back, "Okay, okay, maybe just a little gaming. But it's not my fault that this new game called Horizon, is so addictive! And Biji says she can't miss her 'serials' because they're her only source of drama. As if we don't have enough drama in our own lives!"

Vishana chuckled, imagining Biji glued to the TV, her sharp eyes never missing a beat of the over-the-top soap operas she loved. "Fair point. But I'll sort the bill out. Can't have you two sitting in the dark. Just make sure Biji doesn’t start charging neighbors for 'live commentary' on the episodes."

Ayaan's next message came with a laughing emoji. "She’s already planning to do just that! She says she's more entertaining than the actual shows. Honestly, she's not wrong."

Vishana grinned. Their grandmother was quite the character, always full of life and wit. Despite the distance, the banter with her brother made her feel closer to them. It was a small comfort amid the chaos surrounding her.