Why Payal?

Arnav's POV

I was sipping my black coffee at the breakfast table , Kushi was gawking at the food as usual. The atmosphere this morning was gloomy , no one spoke anything , everyone kept quiet indulging in their own food and thoughts.

Di appeared wishing Good morning chirpily which was very odd. She was as if had forgotten all the fiasco. She passed a smile at me which I gladly ignored . Her behaviour is getting creepy every time. Gabbar had also sensed something about her vibe and started to bark.

You might be wondering who is gabbar , the puppy which I bought. Kushi named him Gabbar which I'm against by all means. Who names this poor, innocent, tiny puppy Gabbar. Then im not amused it's Kushi , who can pull off weirdest things in the whole world , there is no stopping her.

"This food is so bland, Hari prakash didn't you add any salt ?" Di quipped in

"Anjali bitiya, the salt is correct" Mami said double checking the food.

"I can't eat this tasteless stuff" Di sneered and went back to her room.

Everyone at the dining table were shocked with her actions. It was not shocking to me , I felt as if she is now being her real self rather then the acting.

"Tomorrow Acharya ji will be visiting here , I expect everyone to be home , chote you take leave . I asked Gupta's to be here as well" Nani commanded.

"Don't count me in Nani , I have important work " I blurted not looking at her.

"Chote.." she shouted, "why don't you ever listen to me "

"Why don't you ever try to discipline your grand daughter"

She looked at me with tear struck eyes. But I stood up angrily ready to leave.

"Chote atleast do one thing , light dia infront of Devi mayya" her voice was soft now.

I was about to deny it when Kushi nudged me asking to obey Nani.

I didn't argue and went straight to Mandir . Everyone were again shocked.

"Am I in dream wa " Mami pinched herself , Akash coughed on his food, Nani stood as statue.

Kushi stood outside mandir even though I asked to follow me, she was hesitant. I lit up the dia infront of Devi mayya. A gust of wind threatened the Dia , I put my hand to protect it from blowing off , at the same time Kushi put her hand as well . Our hands touch each other . My heart fluttered like a teenager in front of his first crush. The flower fell from Devi mayya's idle

--------------------------------------------------------

I and Kushi were waiting for Aman and Lavanya in the coffee shop.

Me : I was wondering, how did we see that incident from your memory ?

Kushi : I was wondering the same Arnav ji . It was as if that piece of memory is back to me suddenly . How did we teleport like that.

Me : I think something led us there , may be if we find out what exactly took us to your memory then we can go back again and see who murdered you exactly.

Kushi : hmm , what did we do ?

Me (I raised my eyebrow ) : Did you forget what did we do ? (I smirked )

Kushi became nervous and her face changed color , "uh ... Huh.."

"What exactly did you guys do ?"

"What the .." I was startled by the sudden voice .

The owner of the voice looked amused and chuckled.

"Dhoot ji" Kushi exclaimed.

Dooth : Hi there little one , how are you doing ?

Me : you .. you .. why are you here ?

I feared he has come to take away Kushi.

"Chill angry young man , I was just passing by and thought to say hello " Dooth said in his usual calm voice. "Anyway what you both were discussing ?"

Kushi explained him how we teleported into her memory. I don't know what is the need to tell him anyway.

"Intresting ! So both of your energy might have synced with something which holds the connection with that memory " , Dooth said caressing his chin.

Me : synced with something , what does that even mean.

Dooth : something might be anything , it can be an object as well. Okay tell me exactly what you guys did before being teleported.

My tongue was tied and Kushi was nervous again. He looked at me and Kushi suspiciously and chuckled , " you both are behaving as if you were making out at that time " , he laughed at his own joke.

His smile vanished when he realised our silence , " don't tell me " he looked from me to Kushi " you both were making out?" he did a vomiting action.

Me : we will figure it out on our own so you can leave. (My tone was harsh)

Dooth : tsk tsk , you remind me someone I  know.

Me : who ?

Dooth : Mera dost , bilkul tumare jaisa tha , naak pe gussa aur akal se kacha. ( My friend , he was like you , angery and a dimwit)

Me : what the ( i gritted my teeth ).

"Shh , what's that ? " He was looking at the plate from the neighbouring table.

Me: "Croissant" 

"Wil that be tasty ?" He said eyeing the food . I swear I could see the drool.

"I don't know , I don't like deserts"

"Dooth ji , Arnav ji is diabetic, no use in asking him. I don't think it will be more tastier then Jalebi " Kushi said eyeing the food.

"Seriously you both , why can't you have the food anyway ? " I blurted annoyed.

Dooth : we can only eat once a year when our family offers the food on our death anniversary. Untill last year I used to have feast. But I don't think she will remember me this year.

Even though he chuckled , the sadness in his eyes didn't go unnoticed. The idea of being forgotten one day made me uncomfortable.

"Why will she forget you ? "

He looked  at oblivious for sometime and chuckled " I don't expect people to remember me all their life , isn't it too tiring for the living ?"

I was about to say something when Aman and Lavanya arrived and took the seat beside me.

Aman : Arnie , why are you talking alone , people are wondering that you have escaped mental asylum or something.

It hit me that others cannot see Kushi and Dooth , I looked around , people were actually looking weirdly towards me .

Dooth : I will take a leave then , see you soon little one and you too angry young lover boy

I scoffed and Dooth disappeared chuckling.

Aman looked at me weirdly : what's going on Arnie ?

I looked at Kushi and she noded understanding me . This is the right time to tell Aman and Lavanya about everything , about Kushi.

I told them , How I was able to see Kushi and how we teleported to her memory. They both gulped and started looking in all the direction to find her.

I sighed , " she is sitting beside me "

They both looked at the empty chair , and said their greetings.

Aman : who was the person you saw there in the memory ?

I looked at Kushi again and blurted : Payal, it was Payal !

"That bitch" , Lavanya muttered angrily.

---------------------------------------------

Authors note:
Hello beautiful soul's , I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please leave your comment and likes , it will motivate me alot❤️