collide

Jungkook sat in his darkened room, surrounded by the faded, glossy images of YN that plastered every wall. The room was a reflection of his obsession and heartache, a shrine to a love that seemed to have slipped through his fingers. His eyes were bloodshot from the heavy drinking, and his emotions were a turbulent storm of longing and despair.

He stared at a picture of YN, his fingers gently caressing her image on the wall. "Why, YN? Why do you do this to me?" he muttered, his voice cracking with anguish. "Don't you understand how much I love you? How much I want you to be mine? You're going to be mine. I'll make sure of it. Why don't you see that we're meant to be together? We should be together forever."

His thoughts drifted back to the time he had spent away in the USA, a year that felt like an eternity without her. The pain of separation had been unbearable, and his return had only intensified his feelings. The changes in YN over that year shocked him—her shift from aspiring psychologist to working as a secretary in a job he deemed beneath her. He was appalled by the scandals surrounding her new position and how she seemed to have traded her dreams for something he couldn't understand.

He recalled the day he had proposed, his heart full of hope and love, only to have his feelings dismissed. YN had brushed off his proposal, claiming it would ruin their friendship. The rejection had stung deeply, leaving him questioning if their bond had ever been anything more than platonic.

As he wallowed in his dark room, consumed by his turbulent thoughts and feelings, his phone rang, jolting him from his self-pity. The caller ID displayed YN's name, and his heart raced. He wiped his tears, cleared his throat, and answered, his voice hoarse from the alcohol. "Hey, YN. What's up?"

"Hey, Kookie. Can you drop me off at work tomorrow? I don't want to be late, and the bus is always unreliable. Please?" Her voice was cheerful and familiar, a stark contrast to his current state.

Jungkook closed his eyes, feeling a shiver run down his spine at the sound of his name in his voice. He took a deep breath, trying to regain his composure. "Sure, I'll see you tomorrow."

After ending the call, Jungkook leaned back in his chair, feeling a mixture of relief and frustration. "Oh, YN, what do you do to me?" he whispered, taking another swig of alcohol. He then pressed his lips against the image of her in the picture on the wall, his emotions a chaotic blend of longing, sorrow, and unfulfilled desire.

Cutting the call, YN lay still awake until 2 a.m., unable to sleep as her mind replayed memories of her friend Laura. It had been a year and three months since Laura had left her and everyone else. YN still kept in touch with Laura's parents, who struggled daily with the loss of their only daughter. They missed her terribly and wished that fateful incident had never occurred.

YN thought back to high school, recalling how Laura had become her best friend and confidant. One day, a bully had tried to cut YN's long hair, but Laura had intervened, shoving the bully away. That moment marked the beginning of their inseparable bond. Laura had been brave, a risk-taker, and someone who thrived on excitement and danger. YN admired her for it, despite her own more cautious and goal-oriented nature.

Laura's impulsive behavior had often led her into trouble, including run-ins with the police and involvement in illegal parties filled with drugs, sex, and alcohol. YN had always warned Laura to stay away from such dangerous environments, but Laura never listened. It was during one of these parties that Laura had been drugged and...

The memory made YN's head spin. She let out a silent scream, overwhelmed by the weight of her grief and guilt. She wondered if she could have saved Laura, if she was a bad friend for not doing more. What if she had gone with Laura that night? Could she have prevented what happened, or would she have ended up in Laura's place? The endless cycle of "what ifs" made her dizzy and weak.

YN had always been afraid of the darker side of the world, preferring a simple, peaceful life. She had admired Laura's fearless pursuit of risk, but now she questioned whether she should have been more controlling, more selfish. Was it her fault for not stopping Laura's reckless behavior, or was it Laura's fate to be blamed for her own choices? No, she thought. It wasn't Laura's fault; it was someone else's.

Feeling trapped by the relentless noise in her head, YN turned to her drawer and, with a heavy heart, decided to take a sleeping pill, hoping it would silence the tormenting thoughts and grant her some peace.

Jungkook arrived at YN's place right on time, as always. He never liked being late for her. YN waited outside her house, her hair pulled back into a neat ponytail, and wearing a crisp white shirt. To Jungkook, she was the only thing that mattered at that moment.

"Hey, Kookie," YN greeted with a bright smile.

"Hey, YN," Jungkook replied, gripping the handles of his motorcycle hard as he prepared to drive away. "You look beautiful today."

YN frowned slightly and laughed. "Really? I'm dealing with major dark circles today."

Jungkook shook his head, a soft smile on his lips. "Really. I think you look very pretty."

While Jungkook often complimented YN, today his tone was different—more calm than flirtatious. YN noticed and asked, "Are you okay, Kookie?"

Jungkook responded with a vague, "I'm perfect, YN. I'm alright."

They rode in silence, the atmosphere between them oddly serene. Upon reaching YN's office, Jungkook stopped his bike in front of the building. YN started to get off, but Jungkook removed his helmet, which puzzled her. Was he not going to drive away immediately?

"Jungkook, do you want to say something?" YN asked.

Before Jungkook could respond, a figure emerged at the entrance of the office. Jungkook's heart skipped a beat as he caught sight of someone with piercing hazel eyes—eyes that bore a striking, unnerving resemblance to a haunting presence from his past.Just like this he was staring at them before,as if he is been teleported to the past. The sheer intensity of the gaze seemed to cut through him, stirring up a deep, primal fear.. ..just like before. A cold shiver raced down his spine, paralyzing him with a profound sense of dread.

Without saying a word, Jungkook hastily mounted his bike and sped away, leaving YN confused and concerned. She turned to see Taehyung standing at the entrance, his expression blank but his eyes held a dark and unsettling glint. That one look of him make yn feel uncomfortable and she could not help but look away but she did not know why.

Taehyung turned away abruptly, his frustration and jealousy burning through him as he walked off.