XXV

the next day was quick to come, and it was time for school

the next day was quick to come, and it was time for school. mj was with her boyfriend, strolling through the school halls, catching up with each other.

while they were walking, she noticed her sister chatting with alex. but what caught mj's attention was the expression on her sister's face. when she saw that she left upset, she shared her goodbyes with her boyfriend and followed her sister.

on her way there she bumped her shoulder harshly on alex's one, hoping he got the message.

the bell rang and it was time for class. mj was glad that she had class with jackie because she was hoping they could talk.

entering the class she noticed grace and skylar already sitting there and her sister was no where. she took a seat in front of them and they started conversing with each other.

"okay spill. what's everyone saying about me and nathan?" skylar leaned forward and whispered to grace and mj but mostly on grace because she's then queen of knowing gossip.

"you won't like it," grace answered. "please, grace. i can handle it," the boy pleaded, only wanting to know what was going on around the school.

"okay well everyone was pretty split about on the whole Skythan breakup," grace answered. "we were never together. how do we have a couple name?" skylar scoffed in disbelief. "i like it though. it's cute," mj smiled.

"i know right?" grace said with a smile as well. "anyway, nathan made a big speech at a bonfire and people have ears," hearing that, skylar's eyes widened immediately. "oh my god, they know about the song?"

"yeah, team nathan thinks it was peak romance," grace continued answering all the questions that was thrown her ways. "but team skylar agrees with you that he was desperate,"

"i didn't say he was desperate!" skylar quickly said. "it doesn't matter. it's what people think," grace said as she looked down at her phone. 

mj looked at how skylar looked down at his books with a frown on his face. "okay listen," mj said and caught skylar's immediate attention. "i love you to death okay? you're the coolest person i've ever met and i'm so glad we're friends. but we're team nathan here," she said as she pointed at herself and gracie. "that gesture was genuinely amazing and it was everyone would dream of getting," hearing that skylar looked down once again but this time a smile and a blush made up to his face. "oh my god i knew it!"

just then jackie entered the class, frustrated as ever, and sat down quickly, turning towards her friends. "alex just told me that he was in love with paige," was the first thing jackie said once she sat down.

"i only just found out that they were together and now he was in love with her? how could he not tell me that? is he not over her? am i a rebound?" her friends listened to her ramble but when grace went to answer she quickly interrupted.

"uh, never mind don't answer that. it's just. i thought i could trust him and now, i need to focus on something that makes sense," she said and turned around once the lesson started.