2 My Dear Katrina

Much like the week prior, Daeva stared out the window with a worn gaze. Although this time he sat inside a horse-drawn carriage rather than at a dingy booth. Okay, the tavern wasn't so much dingy but he was used to more pristine locations. He couldn't help the rising glee when his eyes settled on the city in the distance. The stone buildings growing high above the horizon the closer he came.

"Oh, thank the gods. I don't know how much longer I could have taken this dreadfully bumpy ride." He pressed a hand to his heart with a smile on his face.

He'd had many thoughts over the past few days whenever Anya had left him alone long enough to think. For as much as he loved her, she was rather insistent he helped with the chores. Which he wouldn't quite say he minded but by the gods he was tired of the manure. How he craved decent plumbing and warm fires. She'd only had the latter in her quaint home. And her stout husband always seemed to hog the heat. But what did he expect from a cold-blooded creature?

Still, the nights he'd spent laying in bed he pondered the events of that day. The thrill he'd felt. And the dismay upon losing his only evidence. He certainly couldn't create an article with nothing to back his words. Not about such an esteemed gentleman. Was he a gentleman? Casimir had been rather rude. What was even the reason for confiscating the photographs? Did he not want Hell-Hound captured? Would pictures not make such a task simpler? There must be more to this. To them. It was just a matter of figuring out what that was.

But, that was an investigation for another time as the carriage pulled beside his cottage. The building speckled with well trimmed vines and a lush garden. The stables not far behind the home and a few workers tended to the animals. He gave the driver no time to open his door as he threw it open and hopped onto the ground with his small case in hand. The butler would tend to the rest of his belongings.

"Thank you, dear driver. Bernard will be out soon to gather the luggage. He'll ensure you're well paid as well," he said with a tip of his hat to the stunned lemur who was only partway off the carriage.

With a wide grin, Daeva entered his home and took in the familiar cinnamon scents. "Kat, I am home!"

He called and made his way to the bedroom. His tail wiggling as he peered into every room only to find them empty. A hand pressed to his hip once he'd placed his bag on his wide, velvet down bed. Gods, he missed that beautiful frame.

"Kat? Are you home? Out with your friends again?" Daeva muttered while wandering the house. Inevitably finding his way to the back patio and his eyes drifting toward his beautiful wife settled on a woven chair. Her fur shining under the sunlight. "Ah, there you are, love. Enjoying the fresh air and sun?"

Her long, plush tail flicked, and the almond colored feline looked toward him with a quirked brow. Golden flecked fur brushed until smooth and glossy. Locks tied into a tight, braided bun and held to her head with a turquoise clip he didn't recall her having. She must have purchased it while he was away. But it paired rather well with her evening gown; lace embroidered onto the hem and sleeves. The fabric a delicate sky blue silk that had cost him a handful of gold. But if it made her happy than it was well worth the cost.

"Oh, hello dear," Katrina said with a slow to form smile and soft blue eyes. "I didn't hear you come inside. Have you been home for long?"

Wiggling his ears Daeva trotted to her side and gave her a peck to the forehead. Then lacing his arms around her shoulders and giving her neck a gentle nuzzle. "Not long, my sweet. Only for a few minutes; the carriage ride was not as long as I had planned but I have no complaints about it. I hope you have been well, Katrina. I know it has been a little while since I have been home."

Katrina chuckled and placed a hand over his arm followed by a light squeeze. "It's alright; I know you're a busy man. The ladies have kept me ample company with our daily tea parties. Frankly, they've almost made themselves a nuisance."