Boku no Hero - A Different Deku Chapter 1 | Izuku Midoriya

Midoriya receives a strong hit from Bakugo, who wipes his mouth and says:

─ I hope you understand your place now.

Midoriya stands up and responds:

─ Yes, I understand. I'm the victim of a coward who uses his friends to harass me. I don't care what your quirk is; with that shitty attitude, you'll never be a hero.

Bakugo gets angry and considers attacking him with his quirk, but knows he would be penalized for it. So he simply burns the notebook that he had previously snatched from Midoriya and throws it out the window, saying:

─ I'm going to be the number one hero and surpass All Might. You, born without a quirk, will always be a trash. Maybe you should follow your notebook's example and jump out this window.

his classmates laugh at this, but Midoriya ignores them. He grabs her backpack and walks away, which only makes Bakugo angrier. After leaving the place, Midoriya sees that her notebook had fallen into a pond where some fish were planning to eat it. He recovers it quickly, murmuring:

─ Damn it. Well, at least only the cover is damaged. I can still read what I wrote.

Midoriya opens his backpack and sees that most of his supplies and books are ruined. He tucks the notebook between his books, thinking:

─ Since I started standing up for myself, things have only gotten worse. At least this year is almost over. I hate to admit it, but sometimes I think that if I had a quirk, it would definitely destroy Bakugo.

Midoriya he punches himself his face and tells himself:

─ I can't think like that. Even if it frustrates me, if I ever want to be a hero, I can't think that way. I may not have a quirk, but I hope to one day become someone who helps others, just like the heroes do.

Midoriya breaks a cookie he had and tosses it to the fishes, saying:

─ You'll like this better. Consider it compensation.

The boy continues on his way, reflecting on his dream, which seemed like nothing more than a childish fantasy. Midoriya looks up at the sky and says to himself:

─ Ever since I was little, I admired All Might; I always wanted to be like him, to be the strongest hero and protect everyone. That was my dream, but it didn't last long. I soon found out that I didn't have a quirk. When I asked my mom if I could still be a hero, she just cried and hugged me.

 When I asked my mom if I could still be a hero, she just cried and hugged me

─ But I just wanted her to say yes. That day, I was genuinely depressed and stayed that way for a while, but then I convinced myself that I would become a hero even without a quirk. After all, the number one hero said we could all be heroes. If I was strong, then I could protect them. With that thought in mind, I started training my body from a young age. Then I studied martial arts and thought I was ready, but I wasn't. Even though I think I'm strong, there's not much I can do. I still don't have a quirk, which makes my efforts count for very little. Even though I know my dream is futile, I still want to be a hero...