The New Baby

Soon, Megamind made it back to the lair and was surprised to see Roxanne awake. Of course she was worried about her partner and friend.

"Where the hell were you?" Roxanne asked, running up to Megamind. "What happened?"

"Well the Mega signal lit up and. . ." Megamind started to say before showing Roxanne the baby in his arms. Roxanne could only gasp in shock and a little bit of confusion when she saw the baby.

"I'll explain in the morning, right now I'm exhausted." Megamind said honestly. "Do we still have Matthew's old crib?"

________________________________________

The next morning, Megamind called a family meeting and told Mega Max and Matthew about the new baby. Of course they were super excited, especially Matthew.

"I'm gonna be a big brother!" Matthew exclaimed as he jumped up and down in excitement.

"And I'm gonna have a baby sister!" Mega Max exclaimed. "Mommy, when are we going to meet her?"

"In a moment." Roxanne said honestly. "Daddy just has to get her real quick."

At that moment, as if right on cue, Megamind walked out of the room holding the baby in his arms. "Kids, meet Callie Megamind."

"Aww she's so cute!" The kids said in unison as they looked at the still sleeping baby.

"Man, she must be a tired one." Minion said with a smile. "She hasn't woken up since last night."

"That's not entirely true." Megamind explained. "She woke up quite a bit during the night."

Right as he said that, Callie slowly opened her eyes to reveal them to be dark purple. She then let out playful giggles and other baby noises.

"Aww!" The family said in unison before Megamind set Callie down on a baby blanket to move around.

"Hi, Callie my name is Matthew." Matthew said, introducing himself to the baby. "I'm going to be your big brother."

Callie just stared off into space before suddenly sneezing and laughing once again. This made Matthew a little confused since he didn't understand babies yet.

"She can't really understand you that well." Mega Max explained. "She's just a baby, it'll take a while for her to learn how to talk."

"Oh well, I'm just happy to have a sister." Matthew said honestly as he picked up a baby toy to play with Callie. "My birthday wish came true!"

"That's what you wished for?" Megamind asked, surprised but also not really once he thought about it. "You know, that actually makes a lot of sense."

The kids, and Minion, continued to play with Callie while Megamind and Roxanne supervised. The blue alien couldn't help but smile at the sight, but that smile quickly faded as he thought of what Blueberry Comet had said.

__________________________________

"I'd love too, really but I have two young children of my own. Why me anyway? You could've gone to anyone else."

"Because you're a hero. Not only that, but I know you'll accept her as she is."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Please, we don't have much time. My husband has been stalling for time which we might not have much more of. Please, go. Take her to your lair before Merlin. . ."

____________________________________

'What did she mean by, I'll accept her as she is?" Megamind thought to himself. 'I mean, of course I will, but still.'

"Hey, Megamind. Are you okay?" Roxanne asked which snapped Megamind back to reality.

"Oh, yeah I'm fine." Megamind said honestly. "I was just thinking about something."

"What about?" Roxanne asked, putting her arm around Megamind to comfort him.

"It's about Callie and what her mother said to me before she. . .you know." Megamind explained. "I think there might be more to this girl than I thought."

"And I'm sure we'll find out when the time is right." Roxanne said as she gave Megamind a kiss on the cheek. "Once we do find out, we'll keep it secret until she's ready to know."

"Yeah, sounds good." Megamind said with a sigh of relief. "Thanks, Roxanne. I love you."

"I love you too." Roxanne smiled. "Now let's go play with the kids."

Without another word, Megamind and Roxanne went to go play with their kids and they had a blast all day long. Little did they know was that only a few years later, everything would change.

To be continued. . .

Megamind belongs to DreamWorks

Matthew and Mega Max belongs to me

Callie belongs to CallieFan

All rights reserved